JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Come on, guys, you're talking 2-3 FPE at best, and that's nowhere near enough to make humane kills on anything bigger than a mouse, unless you've got the barrel pressed against its head. Birds are surprisingly tough, those feathers act like body armor. You might kill them with an Airsoft gun, but it's going to be a slow, painful death, and I think you'll be more likely to just cause pain and injury. Even a low powered pellet rifle is going to be a better choice, especially with the right pellet selection. Speaking of which, the old line with air guns and critters was .177 for feathers, .22 for fur. If you can't/won't use a pellet gun, I'd find another way to discourage them that doesn't include shooting. Just my opinion, but it's backed by 10 years of shooting critters with air rifles. Later.

Dave

A can cannon stoked with a starving weasel for the win!

To be honest, if neighbors can't see the kill zone proper and you shoot deepish from inside, a 750-850fps .177 is just the ticket.
They'll call the cops if they see mangled birds flopping around all over the neighborhood no matter what you shoot them with so you might as well be humane about it and use the proper tool.

I doubt you'll make a kill with an airsoft, unless you get a very lucky shot (head shot might do it). If you want to try, I would recommend what another said and go with an airsoft sniper rifle. I used heavy airsoft bb's (.43g) which actually have a steel core to give them extra weight, so they hit harder. I had a model somewhat similar to this: Echo1 USA Airsoft Echo1 A.S.R Airsoft Spring Sniper Rifle w/Bipod. Airsoft guns

They'll easily hit with some accuracy at 100+'

Considering you're looking at 15-20 yards, you could consider a blow gun. I have a model that shoots some large size darts and easily take out a bird. I've got problems with starlings and have taken them out using the blow gun - it actually shoots pretty instinctively once you practice just a bit. The plus is that the darts don't shoot too far in most cases, but if you're concerned, only use that when you're shooting at them on the ground - the darts will stay in your yard.

This is the blowgun I use - it's a larger "magnum" model. There are smaller .40 cal models that shoot smaller darts that are effective too, just over a shorter range.

Cold Steel Blowgun - 4-Foot Professionsal - Big Bore .625 Magnum | Sportsman's Warehouse

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews