JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Randy is improving and has moved to the address I sent before. He now has had the feeding tube removed from his nose. Needs some additions to his Trach so he can normally eat or to get rid of it. I just got a note from him this morning asking if he could use my Hoverround electric chair. My mother can’t use it and I recently put new batteries in it. So I guess there is a road trip in my future.

My Message today from Linda: “UPDATE Randy made the move to Select Specialty just fine. Once they learned how to hook-up the portable vent. Only one ouchee bump. Seemed to rest better.

I'm glad to hear Randy's doing better. Thank you so much for the updates ridurall. Feel better Randy! We miss you! getwell.gif

Howdy and sorry for taking so long to respond. A lot of emails and threads to be catching up on. Many, a thanx for all of the Prayers as well. I will be back ASAP - short time posts for now. :D

awsome to see you and take your time we will be here, just get well we know you have a great healer :D

Howdy and sorry for taking so long to respond. A lot of emails and threads to be catching up on. Many, a thanx for all of the Prayers as well. I will be back ASAP - short time posts for now. :D

Update: I went to OKC to deliver an electric wheel chair that is my mother’s but she cannot use it anymore to Randy yesterday but the doctor said no. Oh well we had a nice visit and I got to spend some money at H&H Shooting. It was a nice road trip for Ruth and I.

Update from Linda: “So far a good morning. Seen a P.A. no Doc yet. Working on lowering the pressure on the c-pap vent. P.T. Was here with O.T. Randy got some great time with them. They were happy with his muscle tone. Gave him suggestions for moving about. Not walking yet but soon.”
Randy is now at:

Select specialty Hospital
3524 NW 56th St.
Oklahoma City, Ok 73112

Ron

Linda wrote, "Update: Randy is down on pressure support again. About ready for flow-by test. Just oxygen going into the trach and lungs. I will return to Altus on Saturday for a few days."

I replied: Is that good news? Sorry but my understanding of the medical stuff is not great.
Ron

Linda replied:" It is good. Very soon will do a flow-by. Just oxygen. No pressure support."

Sounds like they are weaning him off the machine so he can get back to normal - might be on O2 for a while till he gets his wind back again. Hope he gets better and back home soon!

Ron- Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

continued prayers, thoughts...

Linda is heading back to Altus for catch up and work. She has been a real trooper by Randy's side this whole time.

She sent this morning: "Randy had quite a lengthy battle with coughing this morning. It tires him out. He is resting nicely now. No more reports until Wednesday as I am returning home."

Randy will have the cell phone but he still can't talk. At best he can 1 tap for yes 2 taps for no. It's hard to talk. You might be able to text him though.

Ron

I'm getting texts from Randy now that Linda came home to catch up on some stuff. He is getting his sense of humor back. He still can't talk or eat but is looking like a real person. I told him of some long range shooting with my son-in-law yesterday afternoon and sure missed having Randy there. I just received my Nightforce scope back with new Zerostop and high speed turret installed and I used my phone ballistic program to figure out the drop at 400 yards and a rock face at 575 yards. I was only using pulled API bullets but they printed less than 1 inch group in both cases. I was shocked with the performance. I didn't think that was possible.

Randy sent a text this morning: "I know too dang early LOL they gave me a stimulant pill way to early 5:30 I want to buy Courtney a decent pair of shooting glasses. Not super-expensive ones. Thoughts? Thanx. Ron, I can't find your email address."

So in the long run Randy seems to be feeling much better. He still has a long way to go. Man I miss not being able to talk with him or shoot with him.

Ron

From Linda: Update:" Randy continues to do longer stints on flow-by (20 hrs) and he is talking, so life is good. BUT his low back & knee pain is problematic."

I assume it is from being trapped in bed for such long periods of time. It is so nice to be able to talk to him. Before the only response I could get from him was tap the phone once for yes & twice for no.

They still figure a few weeks up there. Man I miss him and our shooting together.

Ron

Randy is going longer and longer without the ventilator and it is nice to finally be able talk to him. He is still weak but he is improving. Please do not forget the prayers.

Again THANK YOU Ron, for keep us ALL up to date on Randy, I know its been hard on you going back and forth. And I do and I'm sure the rest of the folks are keeping Randy and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

Again THANK YOU Ron;

Wabbit

Prayers out for Randy.

Thank you Randy, for your service to the USA, we need MORE Patriots like you....

Isaiah 41:10:

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

From the email updates I have been getting, he is getting better slowly but he is getting better . All we can do is give him a few words each day .

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews