JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Several months ago I was looking for a set of grips for my Model 66. After a couple months of looking....I was introduced to an older gentleman who lives in town.

He told me he could make me a set of grips out of wooden dowels and epoxy. o_O And he said that he had a new design pattern that he was wanting to try.

This particular set was cut on an angle which gives the dowels an oval look. I think he had previously cut them on a 90 degree angle that leaves the grips with a circular pattern. Anyways, thought someone might get a kick out of something different.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That's some nice work. I've made homemade "micarta" myself using epoxy and various materials. It's amazing what varieties of materials and what types of colors and patters you can get with this process. Cool stuff.

Wow that's nice! May I ask what he charges for a set of grips like that?

We never discussed the price. When he delivered them to me, I asked him, "how much do I owe? He said, "give me what they're worth to you."

I figured the materials didn't cost that much, but I knew that he had several hours of work into them. I gave him $120 dollars that he seemed happy with and I was more than happy to have the grips.

Interesting grips. How do they feel: slick, cold, heavy?

I think they look very nice.

The grip is neither slick, or grippy. I've only had them a few months and never had them in any weather that I would consider cold, so I can't comment on that area. Weight...never put them on a scale, but I can't tell a difference in weight between these and the Hogue grips they replaced.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top