JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On wooden stocks, I noticed almost everyone attaches the swivel screws/studs to the bottom of the stock. For a 2-point sling, it seems easier to mount the attachment points on the left side of the rifle (for a right hand shooter) so the rifle lays flat on your back or flat across your chest. Is there a practical reason I should not do this to my 10/22? Or is nobody using 2-point slings on their plinkers?

On wooden stocks, I noticed almost everyone attaches the swivel screws/studs to the bottom of the stock. For a 2-point sling, it seems easier to mount the attachment points on the left side of the rifle (for a right hand shooter) so the rifle lays flat on your back or flat across your chest. Is there a practical reason I should not do this to my 10/22? Or is nobody using 2-point slings on their plinkers?

Ther is more then one way to sling a rifle.

Muzzle up, muzzle down and on different shoulders as examples.

Studs on the bottom enable you to do that as well as use the sling to wrap your hand in and tighten it to your shoulder for added support.

Also, if you want to take the sling off and add a bipod then the stud is in the correct place for that.

There's no reason you can put them somewhere else, it will just limit how you can carry it.

I've seen (and had) rifles with the traditional 2 point sling studs as well as having one on the back side for a 1 point sling.

Ther is more then one way to sling a rifle.

Muzzle up, muzzle down and on different shoulders as examples.

Studs on the bottom enable you to do that as well as use the sling to wrap your hand in and tighten it to your shoulder for added support.

Also, if you want to take the sling off and add a bipod then the stud is in the correct place for that.

There's no reason you can put them somewhere else, it will just limit how you can carry it.

I've seen (and had) rifles with the traditional 2 point sling studs as well as having one on the back side for a 1 point sling.

All excellent points

Personally, I prefer a two point sling and I also like to carry with the muzzle down, so a side mounted swivel just wouldn't work for me. Especially, since I like to be able to use either shoulder. Slings are kind of a personal thing and unless you are doing something like shooting in competition that requires the sling be mounted in a particular way, just do what suits you.:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top