JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's this wonderful brand new invention… French word pronounced Goo Glay! But spelled Google… it's a modern miracle that will tell you if someone sells aftermarket stuff in regards to your inquiry! :s0053: :D
Brother when I tell you I've searched the whole internet it's no lie I've went so deep I was in Russian google sites and Russian youtube! I seen a guy do it but I don't speak communist So I'm SOL😔😔😂😂

There's this wonderful brand new invention… French word pronounced Goo Glay! But spelled Google… it's a modern miracle that will tell you if someone sells aftermarket stuff in regards to your inquiry! :s0053: :D
I am going to defend him a bit, because if you don't know what to search for it can be hard to find what you are looking for. Especially with a Veper they have some weird features that are not obvious if you don't know exactly what to call what you are looking for. This is how my 1st AK ended up being. Veper in 5.45x39. it ended up being a great find, but was not what I really wanted at the time.

All poking aside, if you own it, its yours to do whatever to it. Considering there were very few Supers and Hunter models imported over the already few Vepr that got imported, I still think you should leave it be!

There was a guy on the AK forum a while back, when these where readily available, that converted a Super using a filed down ACE receiver block. As far as I am aware, there is NO direct fit adapter for the supers or the hunter models. I think the guy cut up the stock to make the handguard. I found his images on Reddit. I'm still trying to find the original thread on AKfiles.
2eyrN9f_d.webp

HmoL83U_d.webp

Ya, if you want to customize it, there are just better guns with more parts availability. If you like a project, and want something unique, then go for it, but it will be a lot more work, time and money to play with the Veper than say a Saiga or Yougo.

Last Edited:
Also to everyone saying I should leave it stock, No 😂. I have no care in the world to own a "sporting rifle" I'm not 97
No no, I think us nay sayers are talking about the exact one you posted. That pictured one is the super vepr model.. one that wasnt common and was supposedly built with accuracy in mind.

If you have a standard Vepr ak model, no one here is championing for you to keep it stock as those are fairly common and no one is saying to keep the thumbhole stock on a standard AK.

Best of luck though man!

No no, I think us nay sayers are talking about the exact one you posted. That pictured one is the super vepr model.. one that wasnt common and was supposedly built with accuracy in mind.

If you have a standard Vepr ak model, no one here is championing for you to keep it stock as those are fairly common and no one is saying to keep the thumbhole stock on a standard AK.

Best of luck though man!
Yup.

Or OP could buy that one, sell it for a bunch & then buy a standard VEPR with money left over for ammunition.

Also to everyone saying I should leave it stock, No 😂. I have no care in the world to own a "sporting rifle" I'm not 97
Look for a standard VEPR then. What you're looking at is literally a "sporting rifle" built to be one, not just a VEPR with a thumbhole stock for import laws.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top