JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have to understand dogs . They have a 3-4 yo mind. If you cant overcome that then don't mess with them.
Their whole world is intimidation. If you aren't then there is no reason to fear them.
This is from a person who was totally skeeered of dogs as a youth
Trust me,the last thing you want to do with your dog is sick him on me.

Done it with rots before. After a couple minutes with me,they understand who is in control. I don't care who trained them.
* If you want evidence bring your dog to my yard*
Dogs are easy to control.Especially big dogs.Once they get lifted off the ground they understand they are not in control any more
They may draw blood but I guarantee you I will be in control at the end of the session

You won't have that kind of access to them, and if they are protection trained (ours are rescues, not PT-ed) you would not even survive such an attempt. A family pet is one thing, professionally PT-ed is a whole different ballpark. And you will never get any alpha male Rottie to just lay down for you as a stranger, all you'll get is a deep growl. Had rotties for 25 years now, taught how to train them by a pro trainer

You have to understand dogs . They have a 3-4 yo mind. If you cant overcome that then don't mess with them.
Their whole world is intimidation. If you aren't then there is no reason to fear them.

I get what you are saying. I was a tech 2 for a large public utility district, and went into backyards (with previous consent) with high end area guard dogs, PT-ed dogs, and some huge family dogs.. was never attacked save once when I surprised "Crusher" the Bull Mastiff at his nap. I vaulted the fence in a flying display, and as he tried battering down the fence, knocking slats out, the next door neighbor, who was gardening, suggested I should vacate the premises :eek:

The greatest insight I ever gained into dog behavior was when I was confronted with horse behavior.
Not your "average horse" but a scared horse, one that hid it's fear behind a wall of aggressiveness.
Of the 10 horses I previously trained He was the strongest, most beautiful and the most fearful; he nearly killed me 5-6 times.
It was my utter failing to understand his constant state of fear that finally led me to acknowledge that I was the problem.
Understanding that men and dogs think the same, Horses and Cattle think totally opposite/Mirror image. in fact has given me a major insite

Man and dogs are predators and Horses and cows are prey. My wife and daughters are in to and have horses. I probably could own a gold plated Ferrari for what they spent on the horses . Been around horses enough to know a large % of horses are anal orifices in my opinion. My uncle a rancher hated horses and when I was a little kid I asked him why are the horses on the ranch all nice and even us little kids could ride them with out them hurting us? He said Steve we can't afford to get hurt when we do work on a horse so the horses that weren't safe were shot at once. They didn't try to fix them it wasn't worth the time or risk of injury . Then they didn't pass on their dispositions. Uncle was a wise man.

Yes both at once

I would love to see the proof of this. I cannot imagine with my dog at 140 RIP that you could have picked that old boy up and kept your neck intact. He listened to only me..and for some reason LOVED my Mom and nobody else. Got him from the pound and they believed him to be part Rot and part "Wolf" due to whatever makes them determine that. He went after my brother when my mom was watching the dog while I was traveling for work. Brother came in at 3 am during a leave from the Coast Guard and the dog went into protect my mom who was sleeping mode and tackled my brother...bit his arm, leg, would not get off until my mom said "down". I always said my brother should visit home more often. Guess he learned that then.
Cannot blame my dog as my brother and I had the only 2 extra keys to her house. In the dogs mind my mom was upstairs sleeping and it was not me walking in. Good boy.

I would love to see the proof of this. I cannot imagine with my dog at 140 RIP that you could have picked that old boy up and kept your neck intact. He listened to only me..and for some reason LOVED my Mom and nobody else. Got him from the pound and they believed him to be part Rot and part "Wolf" due to whatever makes them determine that. He went after my brother when my mom was watching the dog while I was traveling for work. Brother came in at 3 am during a leave from the Coast Guard and the dog went into protect my mom who was sleeping mode and tackled my brother...bit his arm, leg, would not get off until my mom said "down". I always said my brother should visit home more often. Guess he learned that then.
Cannot blame my dog as my brother and I had the only 2 extra keys to her house. In the dogs mind my mom was upstairs sleeping and it was not me walking in. Good boy.

Good dog but unfortunate situation

I would never sick my dog on you. He would just go after you if you did something that was unusual like hop the fence into our back yard, come in the house with nobody there or at night.
I have never taught a dog to "sick". Just been very fortunate to have great dogs that would give their lives to protect my kids, wife, and myself. Though it would be nice to have a dog that could run free at the dog park without worrying that he/she may eat a poodle.

Understanding that men and dogs think the same, Horses and Cattle think totally opposite/Mirror image. in fact has given me a major insite

77a52ebbcfb5926d299d9a1499ba038b.jpg

I would say she was just damn lucky. Maybe she will learn from this.
The fact that she survived and was not robbed was due to chance. One of many possible outcomes to a lot of bad decisions. The scum will only try again and hopefully they will be killed next time, but I don't think so...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top