JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
DAYTON — A 43-year-old woman suffered a bruised cheek when she was out walking her dogs and was assaulted by one of a group of young males, according to a Dayton police report.The woman told police she was walking her two dogs near her home in the 1800 block of Gummer Avenue when she met with a group of five to seven males who appeared to be teenagers.Police responded to her 911 call around 5:40 a.m., according to the report.The victim said one of the males told her his name was "Demarcus" and asked her to call his mom, "Angelina," according to the report.She dialed the number but got a recording, and the next moment a taller male pointed a handgun at her and demanded, "Give me what you got," according to the report.The victim reacted with disbelief, saying "Are you crazy?" and shoved the male pointing the gun, according to the report.Police said the gunman then struck her with the gun across her cheek, leaving it bruised and bleeding, before running away with the group.The woman refused medical treatment. Police said a broadcast was made to be on the lookout for the described suspects, but they were not found - See more at: http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime...ted-gunman-dayton/nhXSB/#sthash.Ta2WMkLO.dpuf

She needs to go to situational awareness school, and learn how to assess threats better. Engaging in a conversation with the perps, she allowed herself to be interviewed and sized up by the perps. They got every signal that they could succeed with the robbery. She allowed herself to be put in a position where she could be exploited.

1. Out in the neighborhood at 6:30 am to walk her dogs. Should be able to, but sh*t happens.
2. Allowing herself to be approached and engaged in a conversation by complete strangers. This is not a time to be nice. She was being interviewed at this point.
3. Complied with a request from this total stranger to call a total stranger. Perp is determining how far he can take this. She already complied with his bullsh+t request once.
4. She had to go hard defensive when the perp presents a weapon. Big time disadvantage tactically.
5. She then has to go hand to hand with an armed criminal and gets a beat down. Lucky she walked away.

She did fight back and that was not what the perp was expecting after his interview and size up, and it probably saved her big time.

With all due respect here Ms. Cowles, no atta girls given by me on this situation. She made multiple mistakes and needs to learn from that and change her tactics and approach.

:)

I appreciate your Monday morning quaterbacking of the encounter with it's notable points to ponder, however, she survived a criminal encounter where many gals have not. She refused to be a victim, didn't freeze, fought for her life and "WON" against her attackers even though she probably hasn't studied the tactical techniques we are familiar with that "everyone should know".

I'm quite certain she took home many lessons that she will apply to habits, behavior, and tactics for future reference, as well as a deep thankfulness that she did not end up a statistic.
I stand by my 'atta girl' assessment of the situation. ;)

Not Monday morning quarterbacking in my opinion. You could take that situation times 1000 every day in this country. I too agree she needed to fight back, and that shows she has what it takes to take additional steps to insure her security.

Inquiring minds want to know what col . . . OK, never mind!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

Just say it ................what race were they? What race was she?
When giving a description to help LE catch them their race is a damned important part of that.
White, Black, Hispanic, Asian ..... Makes a difference and PC Bull doesn't cut the mustard in
describing them without it.
PC is a form of terrorism in accusation when you get down to it.
People fear telling the complete story.
It perpetuates the problem !

I'm glad she stood up to them. Too bad their parents (parent) didn't teach them better.

All of the labs I've owned listened well, but only to me. You may know the command, but you aren't the "boss".
Besides, I've always told people that it's not the dogs you need to worry about.

They are trained in German and also only to obey us :p

They won't even accept water from a stranger
Done it with rots before. After a couple minutes with me,they understand who is in control. I don't care who trained them.
* If you want evidence bring your dog to my yard*
Dogs are easy to control.Especially big dogs.Once they get lifted off the ground they understand they are not in control any more
They may draw blood but I guarantee you I will be in control at the end of the session

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top