Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Winchester/Norinco '97 question

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Toxic6, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Toxic6

Toxic6 Higher then a PDX hipster (~10,000 ft higher) Active Member

Short of an oldschool sawed off type birdshead (which i don't think will work due to the length of the stock nut anyways) has anyone had any ideas or attempts at making one of these into a pistol grip version?

I have been toying around with the idea, and have picked up a couple different rear grip versions. with some dremel work i could get them to fit snug, but the long *** nut that the stock screw mounts into is giving me trouble. and the thread for said nut/mounting bracket on the frame side is like 8mm fine thread.....

Just something i was toying with - i have a beater norinco and thought it might be fun to have a pistol pump with no disconnecter :p maybe i should just sell it off and buy a mossberg.....

2. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

How old is it?

3. Toxic6

2000 or 2001 i forget.....guy i bought it from said it was a second gen - says norinco, not whatever the new ones say.

4. Awmish

Awmish Oregon City, OR Member

Have you had any problems with yours? I'm thinking about buying one in the next couple of days.

5. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Coyote Cap has some good info on Chinese 97s.

6. Toxic6

I no longer own one, but in the time i did I never had any issues. They seem pretty solid for a chinese copy shotgun, unlike some of the other clones i have owned.