JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a BEAUTIFUL condition Winchester Model 1894 that I am wanting to find the value for.

Going by the serial number, and the limited research I have done, it was manufactured in approximately 1916.

I do not believe the metal has been restored at any point in it's life. The bluing is beautiful, with no rust or pitting anywhere. The rifling is in great shape, an the action works like butter. It is in perfect, shootable condition. It is beautiful overall.

The wood is not perfect, as it has many dings and dents in it. Nothing serious though. No cracks, or breaks anywhere. I am not sure, but the wood may have been refinished at some point. It is a matte type stain.

The specks and such in the photos is just dust, and lint from sitting in the safe for so long.

Would anyone be somewhat of a 'vintage' Winchester expert? I am thinking I would like to sell it as I have never shot it, and I am not really an antique type rifle collector.

Thanks all.

The gun looks refinished. The flats of the receiver loook sanded before bluing. See the striations? Winchester receivers are smooth from the factory. The pin above the load gate is sanded flat and flush with the receiver on both sides. It should be rounded with a slight taper showing. And not quite flush. It should stick out just a little proud of the receiver. The barrel looks black and the reciever looks blue. I know they don't match on new guns perfectly. But the receiver should be more black than the blue it is. Allso the internal portion of the lever has a diferent finish than the exterior loop. This should be the same blue. But flat on the inside area where the metal was not polished.
Wood is worn more than it should be for the metal finish. It just dosn't match. How do you get dents all over the wood but no dings or wear in the metal?
dscn3342i.jpg
31591ayr.jpg

These are a couple of my pre 64's. You can see on the bottom one the ends of the pins going through the receiver are worn white on the ends. That's because they stick out just enough to get rubbed.
Allso in one of your pictures I see a spot of rust on the top left side of the egection port. In another picture it looks like you are missing the screw that holds in the link pin. It's on the bottom of the gun just in front of the lever.
It's overall a nice gun. But I don't agre with you on condition and origonality.

I agree 100% with medic. I also own a pre-64 model 94 and everything about this rifle is wrong. With the refinishing of the metal and wood this rifle has no value to a collector. My best guess at value would be $300-400

The way it shoots is not wrong at all. I took it to the range today. It is quite accuarate and fun to shoot.

I did confirm with a local "Winchester Guy" today that is has indeed been reblued. He told me it's worth around $400.

I'm not really disappointed, for that value I'll just keep it and enjoy it!

I paid $375 and $350 for the two I show above. And I bought this ''46'' flatband model 94 for about $400
dscn3337bs.jpg
Even though it shows the most wear it's my favorite looking Winchester.[ My 9422magnum is my favorite winny].
These guns don't wear out easy. They seam to just get more and more worn. Very strong gun. Made to be handed down to your son to give him a chance at wearing it out!

Glad there is still appreciation for 94's, despite the popularity of AR style black guns.
However, I am sure an AR will follow me home one of these days. Ha, ha.

I have quite a few semi-auto rifles, including an AR or two, but something about the satisfaction of being a good shot with open sights on a rifle design from 100+ years ago makes me happier. Anyone can hit targets with an adjustable red dot, but knowing how far to hold-over your old rifle sights is far more satisfying to me.

Glad there is still appreciation for 94's, despite the popularity of AR style black guns.

I love the old lever-guns. Funny thing, of all the rifles I've owned I don't have a 30-30. One of these days the right one will be for sale when I have some spending money. Nothing against ARs, but I'm not a big fan. I'll take the 30-30. :)

What a great gift! A 94 Winchester is ''the'' american rifle. Well that and the AR-15.
As for black guns. They serve there purpose. I think the lever rifles of the 19th century were the AR's of there day. And I collect them all. Black guns. And blued with fine wood. I am a gun lover. And we live in a great time to buy. Other than these
Oboma shortages, times are good. So many new Black guns are out since the ''94'' ban ended in 2004. Don't forget to pick up a few. The Winchesters won't mind.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews