JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here are pictures

Attachments

• IMG_3281.jpeg
    IMG_3281.jpeg
    772.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3287.jpeg
    IMG_3287.jpeg
    766 KB · Views: 116
Is there some extra screw holes on the receivers left side?
The picture looks like it was drilled and tapped for a side mounted scope.

Here's a picture of an1899 '94 that's factory original.

1702527121259.jpeg

I have a Winchester 1894 made in 1899 according to the serial number. Mine has been modified with a MontiCarlo style but stock that I would like replace with an original version. Does anyone know where I might find one?
Thanks.
New to Northwest
Treebone Carving has your replacement stock.

George can make you a stock out of any wood you like. Here's one out of mesquite:
1894WinchesterMesquite.jpg

He did the stocks on my rolling block too.

RollingBlock - 1.jpeg

Last Edited:
Thank you Eugene those are beautiful pieces. That mesquite is very unique don't think I've seen that before.
Thanks again.
Is there some extra screw holes on the receivers left side?
The picture looks like it was drilled and tapped for a side mounted scope.

Here's a picture of an1899 '94 that's factory original.

View attachment 1781644
There is one hole on the right side that doesn't appear to be tapped that lines up perfectly with a screw on the left side
Here are closeup pictures

IMG_3294.jpeg IMG_3293.jpeg

Op, honestly, you can find originals, that would match in age/use/condition on ebay rather frequently. I hate ebay like many of us do, due to their anti-gun policies, but for vintage winchester things, there is a very surprising, large amount listed all the time. Good luck.

Op, honestly, you can find originals, that would match in age/use/condition on ebay rather frequently. I hate ebay like many of us do, due to their anti-gun policies, but for vintage winchester things, there is a very surprising, large amount listed all the time. Good luck.
Ditto the Ebay thing, I seem to score vintage Winchester parts constantly, to the point it's become my go-to for any needed parts!
I'm a Winchester 1895 guy, so my situation is a bit different then yours, but I see tons of 94 parts on there, so there are options galore!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and advice. Mark I'm not sure if it's been reblued or not. Don't know history of the rifle. My dad got it on trade probably 30 years ago and has been in my safe since. I just thought that it would be nice to have it back as close to original as affordable. I will check eBay as bad as I hate to.

Jbett96 the serial number is 1634xx
I am new so figuring out how to post pictures
Barrel is 20"
Op, yes that serial number range puts it in the 1899 year of manf.
I agree, rifle looks to have been re-blued in the past, probably at/near the time the stock m/c was added.
Were you able to locate a factory original stock??
that would go a ways to putting it back to the desired originality and help with value.

Be aware the serial numbers on most sites are about 2 years off, i had a 30 30 serial # 150xxx that lettered by Cody at 1902. the only true source for correct serial numbers is the Cody museum. according to my book The Winchester 1894 there were just over 60,000 made by the turn of the century. so your gun was made in 1902. what does the front sight look like?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top