JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have 2+ pounds of Winchester 540 powder and trying to find loading information using this powder for lead bullets in a 30-30, 308 and 30-06. I realize this is shotshell powder but is there any intel out there on equivalent loads using other powders? I do know there is intel on various powders being the same as--- but so far I can't find anything on 540. Thanx in advance on any help you can give me. This and other powders are for sale or trade on this site.

or handgun
(see link above)
I have loaded a lot of shotshells with it.
As with any ball powder, be careful with it.
It's possible to load a double charge with it and it will not show in the crimp.

It is also harder to ignite so you can get unburnt kernels coming down in your face when shooting overhead. (duck hunting)
I've shot a lot of it.

Switched to double-base powders due to the above.

Last Edited:
Thank you all for your input. It has been very helpful. Finding a use for this powder is much better than dumping it.

Story of my life. Th9anx for the interest and I think I have gleaned enough intel to be able to use it. I'd still sell it as I have an excess of powder but the distance really ruins a lot of deals these days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top