JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Late last year I traded another member for a 1908-10 winchester model 1890 in 22long. I haven't been able to find any local supplier of 22 long. Until now. I saw on the web that winchester and cci both still catalog 22 longs. I was at the cresswell bi-mart looking for some 22lr for another gun when I asked the very nice guy at the gun counter, if the might possibly have any 22 long. He said no, but he could order it for me. I had him order 2 100 round boxs of cci 22 long 29gr (710 fps-whoa!). 3 days later (today), he called me to come get my ammo:D. When I picked up the 22 long from him, he said that he could order it anytime and as much as I wanted. 2 things: 1, I'm very excited to be able to shoot a vintage gun I've had for over 6 months and 2, kudos for the guy at bi-mart for special ordering me my 22 long ammo:D:D.
I will post a range report next week as I'm going shooting in the portland area on monday.

22 longs, as you found out, are still available. .22 WRF's can be found, and it has been the case that Winchester does a run of these every 5 years or so because so many serviceable rifles are still out there.

Interesting application for 22 WRF: They can be loaded and safely (and accurately) fired in a .22 Magnum. They are of that case/bullet diameter. This is an excellent application for a "reduced load" in the .22 Magnum. They may not feed or cycle in an automatic, but for other guns they work just fine.

I keep a few boxes around, so if you get desperate in your search for WRF, PM me and I can send you a box, just to know another Model 90 is out there working.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top