JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I just bought a Wilson Combat mag tube extension for my 870. The tube has a vertical sling clamp on it and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it on. The tube cannot be turned due to the sling clamp in the way and the knurled part at the base of the tube doesn't spin freely. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for the help.

I removed the sling clamp on mine, not because of installation problems but rather I did not want a sling on a pump HD shotgun. That sure made it easy to install. :)

The wilson tube is a quality part, it should be just a matter of thread alignment - with or without the sling clamp.

It may just be really heavy parkerizing on the tube. Mine was initially hard to turn also, the parkerizing was built up in the slot where the sling clip fit. You should be able to rotate the clip on the the tube and then spin the mag ext.tube on the gun.
If that doesn't do it just call the guy's at Wilson they will take care of you.

It may just be really heavy parkerizing on the tube. Mine was initially hard to turn also, the parkerizing was built up in the slot where the sling clip fit. You should be able to rotate the clip on the the tube and then spin the mag ext.tube on the gun.
If that doesn't do it just call the guy's at Wilson they will take care of you.

I think you were right GSB. I sprayed some lube on the mag tube where the sling mount is at and let it sit overnight. No such luck, the sling mount still would not turn on the tube. I ended up putting the tube in a vise and gave the sling mount a few taps with a plastic tip hammer and that broke it loose. I think it may have been the parkerizing. Thanks for the help.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top