JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im not sure anything physical will start.. I think Virginia was a probe test for the rest of the nation to see if a confiscation scheme could work nation wide. Clearly citizens have finally stood up and said enough is enough. IMO it sets a positive backbone message that shuts down the no compensation confiscation angle.
However it will be interesting to see what develops there in the coming months.

IF door to door confiscation became a thing, or if there was another Waco like event - then chances are high there will be armed conflict. More likely, I see a merging of the various county militias marching on the capitol and removing the governor and legislature or pressuring them to all resign before a shooting war kicked off.

The national guard won't be used - I'm pretty sure President Trump would activate them and take over command, preventing the state's idiot in chief from using them as a defacto police force. The counties by and large have already said no to enforcement - the sheriff's militias / posses won't be allowing anything to go down on their watch. Who does that leave to enforce these laws if they're passed? Virginia State Police? They don't have enough troopers to disarm a small town, let alone the state, and I have a feeling a good number of troopers would say "F you" to such orders.

While i think the potential for armed conflict can be high - its a tinder box growing scarier daily - I think the dems are going to loose in the courts, or they're going to back down. Virginia is the test, but its also the dems flat out showing all their cards. They dropped the "we're not coming for your guns" nonsense when Beto came out and demanded confiscation, now they're actually trying it and they're going to see it fail, hard.

Unconstitutional act.

I'd wager that should the governor call the guard up, that they would turn command over to there local sheriffs control. As those Sherrifs are acting constitutionally.

Then they would petition, perhaps forcibly, for the governors impeachment. Sans bloodshed, best scenario.

Interesting that the guard commands statement showed zero favor to either side (governor nor sheriffs). It is my personal belief that was intended, not as a simple political ploy, yet as a far more complex one...

IF door to door confiscation became a thing, or if there was another Waco like event - then chances are high there will be armed conflict. More likely, I see a merging of the various county militias marching on the capitol and removing the governor and legislature or pressuring them to all resign before a shooting war kicked off.

The national guard won't be used - I'm pretty sure President Trump would activate them and take over command, preventing the state's idiot in chief from using them as a defacto police force. The counties by and large have already said no to enforcement - the sheriff's militias / posses won't be allowing anything to go down on their watch. Who does that leave to enforce these laws if they're passed? Virginia State Police? They don't have enough troopers to disarm a small town, let alone the state, and I have a feeling a good number of troopers would say "F you" to such orders.

While i think the potential for armed conflict can be high - its a tinder box growing scarier daily - I think the dems are going to loose in the courts, or they're going to back down. Virginia is the test, but its also the dems flat out showing all their cards. They dropped the "we're not coming for your guns" nonsense when Beto came out and demanded confiscation, now they're actually trying it and they're going to see it fail, hard.

Why are they not bringing up a federal bill that says the government can not do it. I hope I spell this right, "Posse Comitatis Act". This is from Wikipedia......

is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States. It was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1956 and 1981.

Why are they not bringing up a federal bill that says the government can not do it. I hope I spell this right, "Posse Comitatis Act". This is from Wikipedia......

is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States. It was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1956 and 1981.

That would be the why for Trump federalizing the VA guard, should the governor decide to try to use them at the State level as a policing force.

Once federalized, can't do so.

That would be the why for Trump federalizing the VA guard, should the governor decide to try to use them at the State level as a policing force.

Once federalized, can't do so.

Um, he would not have to. Virginia Army National Guard. The bills are paid by the Department of the Army.

Um, he would not have to. Virginia Army National Guard. The bills are paid by the Department of the Army.

Nope. Command structure:

Then if/once federalized, C in C (President)...

No.

A revolution implies that the oppressors are afraid their life will be terminated.

What is happening in Virginia is only the heat being turned up.

Nope. Command structure:

Then if/once federalized, C in C (President)...

I am not a member but I have been following their Twitter page....

Im not sure anything physical will start.. I think Virginia was a probe test for the rest of the nation to see if a confiscation scheme could work nation wide. Clearly citizens have finally stood up and said enough is enough. IMO it sets a positive backbone message that shuts down the no compensation confiscation angle.
However it will be interesting to see what develops there in the coming months.
No compensation ain't the issue.

While out right confiscation hasn't occured yet it was interesting that it was tried in Va. Was it stupidity or meant to ultimately fail? NYC and Ca have incredibly high populations, but the population along with law enforcement are more open and primed for such an event.

Why choose a location that is so rural? There are several states, like Oregon that liberals hold majorities. Not that I would like to see it here. I say, thank God it was Va and have sent a donation.

These are starting to look like scary times. I never thought in my lifetime that we would be staring at a complete loss of the Second Amendments, among others. Strong men in our recent history have created easy times and now that the easy times have created weak men it seems that large portions of the American populace are willing to roll over. I'm very happy that people in VA are starting to send the CORRECT message. I hope for peaceful resolutions with this but know how ever trying the bubblegummers are.

Looks like the NRA is absent in Va according to this one story. Just noticed that I had not seen or heard of an NRA presence. Seems like they would take a stand since the media says gun owner can't blow their noses without the NRA's permission.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews