JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think they will fit---IF you pull the little button on the follower and put it in from the other side. All you need to do is disassemble the mag(carefully so you don't lose parts) pull the follower down to where the pin will come out and put it in from the other side.
Check the mag slot in the frame and see if the slot for the pin/button isn't on the opposite side of where it is on the Mk II.
Mk IIIs latch completely differently.

look under the grip panel to see if you have an A-100 frame model. If you do, the mkII mags will fit without modification. if you have the earlier style frame, you simply have to swap the follower button, as Swampertwo suggested.

Fishermans Marine, Oregon City has mags for all 3.
The newer design mags have a coil spring in the front, replacing the "old" zigzag spring.
Not only do I think they will work, I own a MKI, and I know they work.

I 1st bought 1 for a "MKI" (silver colored plastic base plate and follower) and then bought the mag for the MKII (black plastic parts).
After taking them apart, the only difference is the silver plastic follower is longer, limiting that mag to 9 rounds...I cut it to match the black followers:D

The original MKI mag I have has the button on the left side and I re-assembled all mags that way.
The "new" mags dis-assemble from the bottom and MKI originals dis-assemble from the top, pushing the follower down a pulling out the button.

If you still have doubts, go in the store and ask permission to bring in your gun and let them test fit the mags.
Just sayin'
Tilos

This is what Sturm-Ruger's website FAQ says:

Which magazine should I use in my Ruger Mark I pistol?
The Ruger AMC magazine is no longer produced and has been replaced by the M-9 nine round magazine. This magazine fits the Ruger Standard .22 and Ruger Mark I pistols. The magazine follower button on the M-9 must be moved to the right side of the magazines to fit pre-1971 pistols. Instructions for moving the follower button, if required, are packaged with the magazine. Magazines can be purchased at ShopRuger.com

Also aren't you the same guy who a few weeks back posted a pic of a Mark 1 calling it a Mark II with question about the bolt locking back and pushing it forward by hand pressure? If so, how did that work out? You ever get that problem figured out?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews