JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I heard about the shooting, and then made sure to stop by the local gun shop on the way home and buy a few more boxes of ammo. Nothing that I hadn't been wanting anyway, it's just that the price all of a sudden seemed more affordable than it had several hours before.

Do you guys think there will be another dip in ammo availability because of this? I know I can't be the only one thinking this, and if so, it could be one of those self-fulfulling profecies. It isn't getting a lot of media coverage from what I can tell by watching the news last night and this morning (maybe because it was a "low capacity" pistol, and "only a few soldiers"). Do you think it will depend on the level of media coverage, or wether or not the talking heads start pushing for more gun control?

Either way, I hope I am just being paranoid.

I don't think that the leaders in charge in Washington get as worked up over an event like this as they do a school shooting, since those give them far better press to push their agendas. I don't think this one will have much impact overall, minor bump at the worst.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel. Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

I think the ATF determination that steel core 7.62X39 ammo is to be banned will have more impact. I ordered another 1,000 rds of lead core 7.62X39 last night, just in case!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I doubt there will be a significant impact on ammo from it. The media isn't really giving it much coverage because it doesn't fit their agenda. Everything about it flies in the face of the arguments that the gun grabbers try to make. Gun Free Zones, Background Checks, Good Guy(or Gal) with a gun stopped it, the weapon was a standard .45, the law and regulations made no difference, etc. They don't want the coverage because this provides a perfect platform to support the right to keep and bear arms.

I was kind of thinking along the same lines, but when their entire argument is irrational to begin with, you can't really tell what they will decide to use to push their agenda. I hope only good things come of it. Either way, I don't have the money right now to contribute to a buying frenzy, just enough to get out next weekend.

I would buy all you can, and now. You can never have enough, and you never know when it will be gone or the government could take all the ammunition from stores. You should buy as much as possible at all times.

Sincerely,

CEO of Federal Ammunition

Not more than it has already gas been.
Had he been using an AR or other sporting rifle perhaps.. Just because the media would have ran with it..

However it just being a .45 pistol with standard capacity mags I think the primary issues will be "mental health" and other "carry related" issues.

However, The whole "steel core" 5.45 import ban has made things a little wacky for surplus ammo such as 7.62x54r and 5.45 (even commercial FMJ 5.45)

Luckily I haven't seen a change in 7.62x39 demand.. So long as there isn't an embargo placed on russia and like countries shipping stuff to the US.

The only way it causes an ammo shortage is if our representatives in Washington start acting like idiots and start threatening us with more gun and ammo restrictions again.
Make no mistake. They are not threatening and they never stopped. At most they know they will lose direct attacks so their attacks are less obvious. They are doing everything they can though to strip us of our inherent right to keep and bear arms and if they can find a way they will use this to move that goal forward.

it will be difficult for them to do anything considering he passed a bgc and it was done with a handgun with a less than 10 round mag

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top