JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@ Mr. Workman, one additional thought..l

You repeated yourself, suggesting that WE ReRead it, Several Times.

My IQ Has been tested to be 150, not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but by no means, am Dull, either...

I understood, exactly what you said the first time... A few of us, have been discussing this Issue amongst ourselves...

So, this is something I think you should Re Read:

Dave Workman's BIO:

Dave Workman is an author, senior editor at TheGunMag.com, communications director for the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, award-winning outdoor writer, former member of the NRA Board of Directors and recognized expert on Washington State gun laws.

TheGunMag
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
NRA Board of Directors, (former)

With the above credentials I fail to understand, the logic of Feeding and fanning the Flames of Anti-Gun Rights, by providing them with material that Without your Journalizing Efforts, would be harder for them to find.

Will you Pause, to Reflect, Mr. Workman, how Developing a Story line about Snipers, eventually equates to vilifying Hunters, or for that matter, even Target Shooters?

In my Youth, age Twelve, I was already Bored at shooting cans. My adopted Grandfather, from whom we obtained our .22, a pump action winchester, taught us How to light large Strike Anywhere Matches.

So I learned, And Did it. Maybe that helped me earn my Expert Badge with the M-14... It also told me Why my M-16 was a worthless dog, with only two legs...

When I bought my Ruger ~Ten22~, I learned Gunsmithing, through a Guns & Ammo Magazine Article. I took my $79.00 Carbine, and made it a Tack Driver. One game we played was shooting at 23 Magnum Cases.

Tapped into a stump, a complete separation of rim, from the cartridge was a 10, a "C" cut, with either edge holding the rim, a 9, and just hitting it was an 8. Misses were zero, my Score was never Under 97. My friend, shooting his Remington 66 was 94, to 96...

What is my point in sharing this, in this post? I read, I listened, I learned. This year is 53 years of Shooting, Mr. Workman... I hope to teach My Grandson, to light Strike Anywhere Kitchen Matches...

That is Target shooting... Take away my 1976 Ruger ~Ten22~ Insert my PTR 91, and I drop very little accuracy, FiftyThree years later.

Am I a Sniper? No, I am a Shootist. Beyond That, I am as Staunch a Supporter of the Bill of Rights, as there can be. Meaning I Can & Will Stand by My OATH of Enlistment, to defend our way of Governing, from those that would destroy our Country. That statement, is defined as a Domestic Terrorist by some folks in Our Government, at this very minute, meh. They might even be areading this.

I do not care.

I care, about my Rights, Taku's Rights, heck even Stomper's Rights, though he has a mean Left Hook!

When I read, Mr. Workman, your Bio, it does not Mate up to how you are writing recently. That... ReRead That, as you wrote above.

Are you On the Side of Gun Owners, all us Legally Abiding, target shooters, Deer, Elk Jack Rabbit and Squirrel Hunters?
Are you FOR the Clay Pigeon Shooter, whose $20,000 Over/Under resides in a Case that cost as much as my Marlin 308??? Are the Duck Hunters, the Quail Shooters included...

We, are One Group. Like a Glove on a Hand, the index finger is different than the Thumb, and the Pinky is very important too, so One Hand, different Fingers....

Please don't "point the Finger" at one group, it hurts us all.

Choose your thoughts to speak what you want to say, but, the Newspaper I worked for, as a Kid, said, "when the Presses Run, we are Printing Fact"..... Not Opinion Mr. Workman, "Just the Facts".... I do Not need to ReRead your posts, at the Examiner, to Opine, that You have done A Disservice, to Gun Owners Recently, and to Veterans as Well...

Please, PLEASE Choose your words Carefully, Mr. Workman.

~ philip ~
Enlisted, 1968, US ARMY, 1969-70, TayNinh, Republic VietNam. Stationed as part of NATO, in Germany, 1970-71. End Term of Service, 1971.
(I delay Enlisted at age 17.5 years old... I never had a Draft Card).

~ philip ~
Enlisted, 1968, US ARMY, 1969-70, TayNinh, Republic VietNam. Stationed as part of NATO, in Germany, 1970-71. End Term of Service, 1971.
(I delay Enlisted at age 17.5 years old... I never had a Draft Card).

thank you sir, I appreciate the struggles you've enured to protect our way of life

I doubt that average antis read D. Workman's columns as they are too "icky" for them. I suspect that the only ones that do so are the ones that are PAID to do so by the likes of Bloomberg. The ones that are PAID to do so already know their playbook with the step-by-step plans to achieve total citizen disarmament, with the ultimate goal of total servitude and enslavement.

Disclosures:

1) I never read the specific article in question.
2) I never watched the move in question and don't plan to watch it.
3) I never admired the sniper who is the subject of the movie.

<snip>it gives me chills when this crap is published anywhere. <snip>

Sounds like a terminal case of "ostrich syndrome".

What's with all the vitriol spewed at Mr. Workman? His article expresses a valid concern, which is whether the gun control anti-Constitutionalists will use the activities portrayed in this film to attack law-abiding citizens who happen to own, and use, firearms capable of one-shot kills at multi-hundred-yard distances.

A similar thought occurred to me when I read the reviews of the film. If I had Mr. Workman's bully pulpit, I would likely have written a closely paraphrased article.

Never forget, the Bloomboogers are neither stupid nor ignorant. Even worse, they are fanatics. They don't need to be given ideas. They can figure this out without any help. For example, I expect the Bloomboogers to dredge up the Texas bell tower shootings of the mid-1960s. IIRC, the perp was identfied as a "sniper", and his weapons were identified as a hunting rifle, handguns, a shotgun, and a carbine.

We need to be aware of what the enemy's next strategy might be, and plan accordingly. In that respect, Mr. Workman has performed a public service..

I doubt that average antis read D. Workman's columns as they are too "icky" for them. I suspect that the only ones that do so are the ones that are PAID to do so by the likes of Bloomberg. The ones that are PAID to do so already know their playbook with the step-by-step plans to achieve total citizen disarmament, with the ultimate goal of total servitude and enslavement.

Disclosures:

1) I never read the specific article in question.
2) I never watched the move in question and don't plan to watch it.
3) I never admired the sniper who is the subject of the movie.

People like that sniper and thousands more like him are why you still have the right to speak !

Sounds like a terminal case of "ostrich syndrome".

What's with all the vitriol spewed at Mr. Workman? His article expresses a valid concern, which is whether the gun control anti-Constitutionalists will use the activities portrayed in this film to attack law-abiding citizens who happen to own, and use, firearms capable of one-shot kills at multi-hundred-yard distances.

A similar thought occurred to me when I read the reviews of the film. If I had Mr. Workman's bully pulpit, I would likely have written a closely paraphrased article.

Never forget, the Bloomboogers are neither stupid nor ignorant. Even worse, they are fanatics. They don't need to be given ideas. They can figure this out without any help. For example, I expect the Bloomboogers to dredge up the Texas bell tower shootings of the mid-1960s. IIRC, the perp was identfied as a "sniper", and his weapons were identified as a hunting rifle, handguns, a shotgun, and a carbine.

We need to be aware of what the enemy's next strategy might be, and plan accordingly. In that respect, Mr. Workman has performed a public service..

Ostrich is one thing I don't do. You don't poke hornets nests with a stick, you torch it.
You don't bump noses with cobras, you cut their heads off.
You don't feed information to an enemy no matter how much they know, you deprive them of information whenever you can and assume they all have not seen it until they are ready to be torched or decapitated.
I don't expect you to comprehend that though.
We have a war coming to both Oregon and Washington. Don't help them. The sinking ships analogy still holds true as it did in WWII.

The question with the upcoming war is how many couch potatoes will actually get out and do something. Will it end like I594.... That is the definition of OSTRICHING. It is what the voters did, or I should say did not do because they just couldn't be bothered.

Last Edited:
^^^^ what he said ^^^^

philip

And no reply from Mr. Workman Speaks Volumes... Maybe I should sign up at the Examiner, and Post there each Time He Posts another semi but not Quite, Got Closer this time, Borderline, (you get the photograph)

philip.... :s0013:

Let's see here. It's like most of the films critics either didn't see the film, or were ready to fire away with their canned liberal responses regardless. I imagine the scene with a young Chris Kyle in church with his parents, and pocketing a Bible, and later shown carrying it in combat, evoked the Jesus response from Michael Moore. No, I don't think this is going to be all about long guns. This is going to be about the hate they have for everything American. One NBC journalist, formerly with Al Jazeera, likened Kyles' tour in the Middle East to a "Killing Spree". (How many school children did the Taliban take out with one bomb in Pakistan last year? Over 100.) Gee, he obviously has no clue about the Rules of Engagement, or the fact that these shooters must fill out statements and be debriefed / interviewed after mission completion. In other words, they have to legally justify each and every kill. Yep, the left is in a state of full tilt hate for the traditional family, guns, Patriotism, and Christianity. I can smell it! A few more great films like this and we'll have to open up more mental hospitals to accommodate the left wingers.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews