JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@ D. Workman, I guess the point that Taku tried to make did not soak in...

I will say it another way... ~recent~ articles you have written, Have Not Been Favorable, to the 2A and Gun Owners in General.

Care to comment why it appears so Mr. Workman? Why did You have to Publish this Website, and Speak of the differences of opinion in Gun users, and now this...

Whose Side Are you On??? It really HURTS the Gun Movement, to have Negative Publicity.

We can all Read & Hear ~Michelle~ Moore making his antical statements about American Sniper, and Other Liberals as well...

But you, I thought, were an Advocate FOR Gun Rights, however, you are making $$$$ selling your Articles, and some Do Not Set Well on the Gun Owner "Point of View"...

It Hurts the cause, to show hidden bickering... On a somewhat private website. How many Liberals signed up here, after your article, JUST to develop more trolling Ability.

If it Was ONE, that was too many, and Who Wrote that Article???

Some have said, in this thread, that the subject Matter has already been considered, but Not as Well as you, Mr. Workman...

FYI, the Quigley single-shot Sharps rifle, was Not A Co-Star, It Was a Prop in the Movie, but using the Correct Language does not Sell Papers???? Or, is "Co-Star" creating Better Drama, and more Sales for your Paper...

My Opinion... What you have recently been doing, is Hurting the Gun Owners in the Pacific North West, and hence, Gun Owners in General.

And that is Sad, Mr. Workman

philip :mad:

@ D. Workman, I guess the point that Taku tried to make did not soak in...

I will say it another way... ~recent~ articles you have written, Have Not Been Favorable, to the 2A and Gun Owners in General.

Care to comment why it appears so Mr. Workman? Why did You have to Publish this Website, and Speak of the differences of opinion in Gun users, and now this...

Whose Side Are you On??? It really HURTS the Gun Movement, to have Negative Publicity.

We can all Read & Hear ~Michelle~ Moore making his antical statements about American Sniper, and Other Liberals as well...

But you, I thought, were an Advocate FOR Gun Rights, however, you are making $$$$ selling your Articles, and some Do Not Set Well on the Gun Owner "Point of View"...

It Hurts the cause, to show hidden bickering... On a somewhat private website. How many Liberals signed up here, after your article, JUST to develop more trolling Ability.

If it Was ONE, that was too many, and Who Wrote that Article???

Some have said, in this thread, that the subject Matter has already been considered, but Not as Well as you, Mr. Workman...

FYI, the Quigley single-shot Sharps rifle, was Not A Co-Star, It Was a Prop in the Movie, but using the Correct Language does not Sell Papers???? Or, is "Co-Star" creating Better Drama, and more Sales for your Paper...

My Opinion... What you have recently been doing, is Hurting the Gun Owners in the Pacific North West, and hence, Gun Owners in General.

And that is Sad, Mr. Workman

philip :mad:

Based on your remarks above, I don't expect you to understand this to your satisfaction. But I'll give it a try.
It's not the job of a journalist to NOT report stuff.
I'm not going to ignore sometimes sharp differences of opinion about firearms-related politics within the firearms community.

You're entitled to any opinion you wish to hold. If gun owners are being hurt, it's not by any reporting I'm doing.

There are already a lot of "liberals" on this forum.

@ Mr. Workman,

First thank you for your response.

Now, I am not trained in The use of English, but I believe Double Negatives are frounded upon.

Reports on Gun Issues can take many forms, however, offering your Readership, a Website, that may possibly not be known, until it is Published by you, is Not helpful to a Cause, in my opinion, as well as Many others.

While articles stating a generality, can show conflicting viewpoints, Articles Directing folks to conflict Do Not HELP, except put forth concepts to fuel anti gunners into what is one of the most Controversial topics in our Country. It is almost, but not quite as bad, as the proverbial "yelling fire, in a theater". Unneeded.

Ignoring "sharp differences" and How One Reports them are two different things. I suggested that, via your poor discriptive use of "Co-Star" Bad Form, it could just as easily be said that the Quigley Single Shot Rifle, Was the Star, Equally Incorrect! After all, there was hardly a scene in the Movie, where "Mr. Sharps" was not present. Poor Taste on your part, it created an Atmosphere to direct attention to the object, the object. Not the intent, which was the savagery of genocide, practised upon the Australian Aboriginals was Helped by Mr. Quigley, who had a tool at his disposal.

Had he helped build First Aid Shelters for the Aboriginals, your process would include the Co-Stars "Hammer", "Shovel" "Saws" ohh, "Saws" I got a cut by one once, those should be Banned, and come to think of it, Once, I hit the wrong ~nail~ With "Hammer", those need banning as well.

No, Mr Workman, I suggest, that if you are a Gun Rights Writer, that you possibly Think Twice, upon How an article can do both: show your intended subject, here, A movie about a man, using a tool of his trade, and Not demonstrate, that Snipers have been around a long time (Quigley, and Deer Hunters, by inclusion) and Hence their TOOLS are the faulty subject.

I am a US ARMY veteran, trained in Fort Lewis, I was in the last Batallion to commonly train with the M-14, on which I received a score of Expert, in shooting. In that same Batallion, we were of the first to train, with that Evil Black Rifle, that started all the controversy, the M-16, of the first generation the three prong open flash suppressor.... More evil... Accordingly written by the ilks like Pelosi, et. Al.

I ask only that you consider the Ultimate Potential, when a story is finished, and goes to press... Will it Help or Harm, the Right to have the Tools Americans need, to Protect & Defend, or even hunt.

philipINtheBoonDocks,

Still shooting 7.62X51, after 47 years.... It Reaches out and talks to what you can see.... :)

Great thread, I have always wondered how the seeds of oppression get sewn....thanks for the window into your world, very informative

Oppression is also censorship of a person's point of view on a given subject. You never see that, it just happens.o_O

Dave... simply put...
You make issues of NON ISSUES.

#1 Bickering is only an issue when National attention is called to it.

#2 Sniper movies have been on the screen since WWII and it has never been an issue. It becomes an issue now because you connected it to hunting rifles. I don't see anyone else that is supposed to be pro gun/pro 2nd do this in all my years, but you did it on a national level again.

You waking up sleepers?? What's the point??
You make many of us question your true intent??
Manchurian in nature .....what the ____¿

Methinks some of you folks need to re-read this a few times:

"It's not the job of a journalist to NOT report stuff."

That appears to be what I'm being asked to do: NOT report stuff.

I've had people accuse me of being a shill for the gun rights movement. Some of you guys apparently are upset that I'm not. I can't win :rolleyes:

Reporting is not the same as creating and creating something malicious/dangerous that was until now a non issue and non news is not reporting. Its pot stirring and hornets nest poking !
AND NEWS MANUFACTURING.
Precisely what the MSM does for the left.

Last Edited:
There is a difference between facts or opinion. Reporters are supposed to report facts without opinion. That's what is wrong with media today, it's all opinion and no facts. Just my opinion:D

Based on your remarks above, I don't expect you to understand this to your satisfaction. But I'll give it a try.
It's not the job of a journalist to NOT report stuff.
I'm not going to ignore sometimes sharp differences of opinion about firearms-related politics within the firearms community.

You're entitled to any opinion you wish to hold. If gun owners are being hurt, it's not by any reporting I'm doing.

There are already a lot of "liberals" on this forum.

You are right about a lot of liberals in this forum.:mad:
So why help them?

Last Edited:
Many in the "MSM" believe their opinions ARE facts, yes? o_O

And much is making/creating a story to bend an issue in the direction you want the story to go and in the process creates job security for the future and achieving a political goal, and that is what the left has done for decades now. I just never expected it from the ranks of the pro 2nd folks. The stories definitely do not benefit the pro 2nd organizations and people and bends the direction away 180.
By accident or by design is the only real question I have. Kind of surprised that question even needed to be raised, but it now does. Once is an accident...possibly. Twice may be a trend.

Methinks some of you folks need to re-read this a few times:

"It's not the job of a journalist to NOT report stuff."

WRONG, again. You are using Paper Towel Tubes for glasses... Very Narrow visual ability.

Reporting the Issues: Yes.

Priming the Liberal Pump, with extra issues That have no relevance beyond giving Support to the Anti-Gunners, NO!!!!

Your post of NorthWestFirearms ~debate~ Was not needed, it was giving Anti-Gun Agitators extra fuel. Hey, why not do ~that~ And hand them the Match, as well????

That appears to be what I'm being asked to do: NOT report stuff.

I have two empty Toilet Paper Rolls, that I will send Free of Charge, and you will not have such NARROW Viewpoints, but will still be Guarded from seeing any peripheral Issues that may cause you to consider Even Broader Gun Rights Views without stress, or loss of objectivity.

I've had people accuse me of being a shill for the gun rights movement. Some of you guys apparently are upset that I'm not. I can't win :rolleyes:

Ahhh, Mr. Workman, my sympathies... It is such a Hard life...

But yes, Some Day, you, as ALL Other Americans will have to Choose: Pro Second Amendment, report All the News, you feel Needs be Reported, but Nay, I will not Harm, the Second Amendment.

I speak for Myself Only: I feel You Have Harmed, our second Amendment inAlienable Rights, via your Co-Star Sharps comment, as well as others.

I have been Trained, in the California Department of Education, towards Political Correctness as an Employee of that Department. I learned there are many ways to say the Same Thing, even within the realm of PC, and get away with calling a Shovel a Spade... without being considered a Racially Charged statement...

philip :(

This is out there people, and it's not new. Keeping quiet about it only helps the anti-gun lobby because they want Left leaning Hunters not to feel threatened. Many hunters as we know vote blindly for the Kitzhabers and Burdicks thinking whatever gun legislation they pass won't hurt them. They don't own an AR or an AK so no worries, right?

WRONG! Never let a tragedy go to waste. Get one high profile so called, "Sniper" killing and watch the anti-gun media spotlight turn on that basic Savage .308 with the big Scope and evil looking bi-pod sitting in so many gun safes across the U.S..
The hype and 24/7 brainwashing will be so intense that many weak willed, less serious hunters and gun owners will cave in and agree.
Cave in and agree that yes, perhaps some of these so called "Sniper" rifles should indeed be restricted.

Watch how fast they will quickly dust off and modify the ALREADY CONCIEVED and WRITTEN Bills against these types of rifles/ammunition etc.
Depending on the magnitude of the tragedy and level of public sympathy towards the victims, strict laws against these types of guns could indeed pass.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20050405/only-a-50-caliber-ban-dont-you-believe-it

The Violence Policy Center is on record calling for a total ban on civilian handgun ownership. It has the same thing in mind for what it calls "civilian sniper rifles," defined as:

• a bolt action or semi-automatic
  • having a two-stage trigger
  • having a free-floated barrel
  • having a"bull" or "target" barrel
  • having a fluted barrel
"The end product of these and other fine-tuning features," VPC says, "is a precision instrument that is more rugged and more accurate than its hunting cousins, and probably exceeds the capabilities of the person who shoots it." (VPC, "One Shot, One Kill," 1999, pp. 37-39).
The NRA and many others felt it was important to get this out there back then, don't see why speculation now after a popular movie is any different.
I call it pro-active.

Reading the posts, I"m reminded of Metcalf, Zumbo, etc.. these writers of firearms subject whom are supposed to be staunch supporters of the 2nd amendment, crying 1st amendment when they lose their jobs when it's found their support of the 2nd was tepid at best.

This is out there people, and it's not new. Keeping quiet about it only helps the anti-gun lobby because they want Left leaning Hunters not to feel threatened. Many hunters as we know vote blindly for the Kitzhabers and Burdicks thinking whatever gun legislation they pass won't hurt them. They don't own an AR or an AK so no worries, right?

WRONG! Never let a tragedy go to waste. Get one high profile so called, "Sniper" killing and watch the anti-gun media spotlight turn on that basic Savage .308 with the big Scope and evil looking bi-pod sitting in so many gun safes across the U.S..
The hype and 24/7 brainwashing will be so intense that many weak willed, less serious hunters and gun owners will cave in and agree.
Cave in and agree that yes, perhaps some of these so called "Sniper" rifles should indeed be restricted.

Watch how fast they will quickly dust off and modify the ALREADY CONCIEVED and WRITTEN Bills against these types of rifles/ammunition etc.
Depending on the magnitude of the tragedy and level of public sympathy towards the victims, strict laws against these types of guns could indeed pass.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20050405/only-a-50-caliber-ban-dont-you-believe-it

The Violence Policy Center is on record calling for a total ban on civilian handgun ownership. It has the same thing in mind for what it calls "civilian sniper rifles," defined as:

• a bolt action or semi-automatic
  • having a two-stage trigger
  • having a free-floated barrel
  • having a"bull" or "target" barrel
  • having a fluted barrel
"The end product of these and other fine-tuning features," VPC says, "is a precision instrument that is more rugged and more accurate than its hunting cousins, and probably exceeds the capabilities of the person who shoots it." (VPC, "One Shot, One Kill," 1999, pp. 37-39).
The NRA and many others felt it was important to get this out there back then, don't see why speculation now after a popular movie is any different.
I call it pro-active.

You may be right, but it gives me chills when this crap is published anywhere. The bickering one was not needed. Reaffirmation of this wasn't either.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top