JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have not been able to find much on this and so I am hoping you guys have an answer. I just moved from Oregon back to Washington and have a Utah CCP.

Am I covered, or do I need to get a WA ccp as a resident???

If you are a resident of Washington a Utah Permit will not cover you in Washington. If you aleady have a Utah permit you should of learned this in class. If you don't have the permit you will learn it in the required class.

I don't know what the requirements are to establish residency in Washington. I've lived here to long to remember.

If you are a resident of Washington a Utah Permit will not cover you in Washington. If you aleady have a Utah permit you should of learned this in class. If you don't have the permit you will learn it in the required class.

I don't know what the requirements are to establish residency in Washington. I've lived here to long to remember.

Since I was living in Oregon at the time I got my Utah, They only covered Oregon residents and Utah's requirements as a card holder.

There is a resiprosity link on the NRA web site, that can help with this question. WA is a will issue state and getting a local permit should be an easy thing. I only state this because many police officers may not know that your Utah permit is good to go. It will work out, but why go through the hassle.

I may have not understood your situation correctly, but if you leave a state you will be required to change your address on said permit and turn it into a non-resident permit, for it to remain active.

I know in Oregon if you move period you are required to change your address on your permit quickly. I forget the time frame but its prompt.

This is from the Attorney General website.
http://www.atg.wa.gov/ConcealedWeapons.aspx

Concealed Weapons
Washington's Firearms and Dangerous Weapons statute

Washington’s Firearms and Dangerous Weapons statute (RCW 9.41) was amended in 2004 to allow non-Washington residents to carry concealed weapons in Washington if they have obtained a concealed weapons permit from another state that meets certain conditions imposed by Washington’s reciprocity law, RCW 9.41.073. Those conditions are:

The other state must have a reciprocal statute allowing Washington residents to carry concealed weapons in the other state if the resident has a Washington concealed pistol permit; and
The other state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and
The state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license.
If the above conditions are met, the concealed weapons permit of an out-of-state resident will be recognized in Washington as long as the permit holder does not become a resident of Washington State. Additionally, the permit holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of Washington State*. Washington concealed pistol permits will be recognized in those states which have a reciprocal agreement with Washington. Washington residents should check the laws of the state they are traveling to, in order to comply with the concealed weapons permit law of that state.

I would just do a change of address on your Utah and get the WA. permit. I just got mine last month...15-20 min. $55.00 and out the door. Didn't like printing 8 fingers and two thumbs though, was waiting for her to ask me to take off my shoes next. :D

I would just do a change of address on your Utah and get the WA. permit. I just got mine last month...15-20 min. $55.00 and out the door. Didn't like printing 8 fingers and two thumbs though, was waiting for her to ask me to take off my shoes next. :D

Thanks to all that took the time to answer. Swoop has just quoted exactly what I plan on doing. Simple, quick, DONE!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top