JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have not been able to find much on this and so I am hoping you guys have an answer. I just moved from Oregon back to Washington and have a Utah CCP.

Am I covered, or do I need to get a WA ccp as a resident???

If you are a resident of Washington a Utah Permit will not cover you in Washington. If you aleady have a Utah permit you should of learned this in class. If you don't have the permit you will learn it in the required class.

I don't know what the requirements are to establish residency in Washington. I've lived here to long to remember.

If you are a resident of Washington a Utah Permit will not cover you in Washington. If you aleady have a Utah permit you should of learned this in class. If you don't have the permit you will learn it in the required class.

I don't know what the requirements are to establish residency in Washington. I've lived here to long to remember.

Since I was living in Oregon at the time I got my Utah, They only covered Oregon residents and Utah's requirements as a card holder.

There is a resiprosity link on the NRA web site, that can help with this question. WA is a will issue state and getting a local permit should be an easy thing. I only state this because many police officers may not know that your Utah permit is good to go. It will work out, but why go through the hassle.

I may have not understood your situation correctly, but if you leave a state you will be required to change your address on said permit and turn it into a non-resident permit, for it to remain active.

I know in Oregon if you move period you are required to change your address on your permit quickly. I forget the time frame but its prompt.

This is from the Attorney General website.
http://www.atg.wa.gov/ConcealedWeapons.aspx

Concealed Weapons
Washington's Firearms and Dangerous Weapons statute

Washington’s Firearms and Dangerous Weapons statute (RCW 9.41) was amended in 2004 to allow non-Washington residents to carry concealed weapons in Washington if they have obtained a concealed weapons permit from another state that meets certain conditions imposed by Washington’s reciprocity law, RCW 9.41.073. Those conditions are:

The other state must have a reciprocal statute allowing Washington residents to carry concealed weapons in the other state if the resident has a Washington concealed pistol permit; and
The other state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and
The state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license.
If the above conditions are met, the concealed weapons permit of an out-of-state resident will be recognized in Washington as long as the permit holder does not become a resident of Washington State. Additionally, the permit holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of Washington State*. Washington concealed pistol permits will be recognized in those states which have a reciprocal agreement with Washington. Washington residents should check the laws of the state they are traveling to, in order to comply with the concealed weapons permit law of that state.

I would just do a change of address on your Utah and get the WA. permit. I just got mine last month...15-20 min. $55.00 and out the door. Didn't like printing 8 fingers and two thumbs though, was waiting for her to ask me to take off my shoes next. :D

I would just do a change of address on your Utah and get the WA. permit. I just got mine last month...15-20 min. $55.00 and out the door. Didn't like printing 8 fingers and two thumbs though, was waiting for her to ask me to take off my shoes next. :D

Thanks to all that took the time to answer. Swoop has just quoted exactly what I plan on doing. Simple, quick, DONE!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top