JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last time I found a snake that plump the kids put it in an aquarium to watch for a couple of days.
The next morning there were 22 baby garters squirming around in there. And the mom wasn't so plump any more.
Let them all go in the flower garden right away.

1596670374654.png

...looks like it might just eaten something.

Went out on an overnight scouting trip earlier this week. Found a safe spot to shoot 100 yards, one high meadow with a nice wooded area behind it that needs scouting, saw one cow, three does, and one fawn. Had a truck breakdown and got it fixed but hightailed it home while I could so I didn't get to scout my new meadow, or check my trail cams in my current area of interest. Only decent pic I got was this little guy I almost stepped on.

KIMG0681.JPG

Real bad pic of doe and fawn:
KIMG0683.JPG

New shooting area. Yeah, it's a road, but it is blocked by a slide down there and I checked behind it to make sure no one had been driving up from the other side:
KIMG0686.JPG

The truck whoopsie. Felt a clunk, got out and found the driver's rear wheel exactly like this.
KIMG0687.JPG

My new meadow I need to spend some time scouting:
KIMG0679.JPG
KIMG0677.JPG

Next time, maybe I'll get pics of actual animals! :D

That's what happens when you drive a GM or Jeep product into the woods... ;)

It's a Tacoma. Darnedest thing. I put new brakes on the rear like 6 months ago, haven't had the wheels off since. This happened as I went around a hairpin turn that went downhill to the right. The truck stopped so hard I thought I had a rear wheel stuck on a rock or log. Hit the gas and it wouldn't go. Wouldn't go in to reverse either, and I heard grinding when I shifted it into park. I thought the worst, something with the drivetrain. Saw this and still panicked because I figured the lug studs were broken. Jacked it up and I had only lost one stud. Five of the six lug nuts were gathered in a circle a few feet behind the truck. Jacked it up with a hi-lift and got the wheel back on. Figured I should check the other wheels. Used the really short lug wrench that came with the truck because that was all I had with me. The first stud I checked on the driver's front twisted off and broke so easily I couldn't believe it. A shop broke one stud on that wheel when I got new tires put one and I assume that one suffered the same fate. All the other nuts on the front were fine, but they were all loose on the other rear tire. I guess the rear end bounces more than the front and I just bounced them loose.

It's a Tacoma. Darnedest thing. I put new brakes on the rear like 6 months ago, haven't had the wheels off since. This happened as I went around a hairpin turn that went downhill to the right. The truck stopped so hard I thought I had a rear wheel stuck on a rock or log. Hit the gas and it wouldn't go. Wouldn't go in to reverse either, and I heard grinding when I shifted it into park. I thought the worst, something with the drivetrain. Saw this and still panicked because I figured the lug studs were broken. Jacked it up and I had only lost one stud. Five of the six lug nuts were gathered in a circle a few feet behind the truck. Jacked it up with a hi-lift and got the wheel back on. Figured I should check the other wheels. Used the really short lug wrench that came with the truck because that was all I had with me. The first stud I checked on the driver's front twisted off and broke so easily I couldn't believe it. A shop broke one stud on that wheel when I got new tires put one and I assume that one suffered the same fate. All the other nuts on the front were fine, but they were all loose on the other rear tire. I guess the rear end bounces more than the front and I just bounced them loose.
Dang it! I hoped the 6-lug pattern belonged to a Jeep or GM so I could poke fun. Yeah, I've had lug nuts overtorqued by a shop and lost some wheel studs in the process.

2DaMts....you might want to invest in new studs & nuts for all the wheels....not too expensive, but might be less costly through Tacoma Screw compared to NAPA....cheap insurance and not complicated to change out....neat pictures. :s0155:

2DaMts....you might want to invest in new studs & nuts for all the wheels....not too expensive, but might be less costly through Tacoma Screw compared to NAPA....cheap insurance and not complicated to change out....neat pictures. :s0155:

Yeah, I had already planned to do so. Just picked up a full set of skid plates I need to bolt on too. Gonna have a truck wrenching day pretty soon. Has to happen before I venture out scouting again so it'll happen soon. Thanks for the tip about Tacoma screw. I'll check it out. And keep all the off color jokes in my head, in my head. :p:D

I need a "truck wrenchin' day"....its just....man, standing on my head fixing chewed up wiring....just not my idea of fun, ya know?....oh well, gotta get done before the cold weather sets in....dammit....

Yeah, I hate doing most of my own wrenching just a tad less than I hate paying someone to do half the quality at 5-10 times the cost. At least nowmits less hassling since I have a commuter car and don't HAVE to finish every single thing on the truck in the same day.

What is your project?

What is your project?
This POS that I call Whitey Ford..

MyTruck_NewTires.jpg

...actually, its been a pretty good truck. A little too high geared and too high tail gate, but otherwise, she's been ok.
I had a Mazda before this...shoulda kept Ol' Betsy. She was everything you'd ever want in a perfect vehicle.
Got the F'd over Rebuilt Dodge in 2012 after almost 21 years with the Mazda.
....stupid computers....this thing's more wires and sensors than engine......MY KINGDOM FOR A '69 CHEVY 1/2 TON WITH AN INLINE SIX AND 3 ON THE TREE!!!!!! :s0107:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top