JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wild Cat area is still open but last report I heard, last week, was still a lot of snow and most likely will be there for a while. There are not many places to shoot up there because of other recreational activity nearby. @rangerlars can give a better report for you. I was hoping for a cleanup there on March 18th but since he said too much snow, we changed it to the 36 pit on Hwy 224.

I'm sure you'll hear it first right here in this thread when Wild Cat is accessible again.

I used to live up off of SE Wildcat Mtn. and in the old days you could easily access tens of thousands of Publishers Papers private acres.
But, the low life's ruined it for all. It's all gated and tank trapped now.

You can probably 4 wheel drive truck up to Wildcat now, with good clearance. Only shoot at the area at the end of the spur road to the left. The shooting prohibited sign is at the forest boundary and only applies to the right hand side of the road.

Wildcat still suggests 4x4 use (i didn't use it), and a lil height would be nice. My S10 dragged a few times in the ruts.

Road is clear right up to the USFS line
petTkHbh7lfsENvVCUu1viE4QGcdJ1q1h-YHH8kL0PvqzxyU3gRtrs35PQGEtXXNG_iZoK5ww2pdxB3v0w=w1030-h772-no.jpg

Still a couple feet deep at the turn
FBD1aNDsXjy7QYwwdHRPtVKAu1F8A1beQ9uoMpDE1y5cu8YTLCe9UTHtY7h5_ZOBtPO7GsWh8sfzu0WBMg=w1020-h772-no.jpg

it's slowly receding through
WsXBDdmctXh1lC5SjJ-4Z7sByn88xlfYz1NKSuleRcuA6V18tsrdXMqdMAaYg6xieeJF4NBpTO3SERQ4VQ=w1030-h772-no.jpg

I see your pupper is enjoying the snow :). I went up to Wildcat a few times and did a U-turn at the FS turnoff as well. Thanks for going all the way up. Hopefully, in a couple weeks, it will be more accessible. 36 Pit is always an option for us shooters on the east side but damn, it's risky with some people shooting across the walking path. Thanks for the update!

-DrCox

Hey guys, anyone adventurous been up to wildcat over the past week or today?

Looks like as of the 22nd snow was still there but melting. Stuck with a 2wd car for the moment so much more than about 6-7" and I'd be stuck.

If wildcat is inaccessible, anywhere else in this area? 36 pit sound a bit too risky.

Thanks!

until today the snow level has been well above Wildcat, so I'd imagine there's been some good snowmelt. Unfortunately all I can do is guess until Wednesday

Has anyone been here, memaloose via hillockburn or hillockburn itself recently? Curious about road conditions and population of dummies.

Not for a month and a half, here. Heading up there probably tomorrow morning/noonish though. Road conditions to Wildcat are clear at this point. I've experienced very few idiots up there.

I only had to bring back a little bit of trash from the area with me.

Not for a month and a half, here. Heading up there probably tomorrow morning/noonish though. Road conditions to Wildcat are clear at this point. I've experienced very few idiots up there.
I only had to bring back a little bit of trash from the area with me.

Thanks! Gonna try and go up with the wife Monday if time allows.

I'm also considering some hiking trips to scout some spots that I've found via Google Earth in the Mt hood natl that are close to where I grew up. There seem to be a lot of good spots if you're ok with a mild hike

Are the coordinates correct? Looking on google maps, it looks like the marker is right on an open area in the trees. Just wanted to make sure, since some of you were talking about other locations. Thanks!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top