JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://reason.com/volokh/2021/01/0...sion-for-felony-failure-to-pay-child-support/
"someone with a felony conviction on his record is more likely than a nonfelon to engage in illegal and violent gun use." Thus, even if a felon has not exhibited signs of physical violence, it is reasonable for the State to want to keep firearms out of the hands of those who have shown a willingness to not only break the law, but to commit a crime serious enough that the legislature has denominated it a felony,

I am not going to dig back now, but last month I asked where all the JoHo supporters went that kept telling us a Harris administration would be no more punitive to 2A issues than the current one.

If you are keeping score, they have had a month..........................................................................................

Last Edited:
I dont see how a persons second amendment rights tie into child support.. at all.. or why it is even a punishment.
Family court is overwhelmingly anti male, many men get behind on payments because they are basically paying for his ex and child to live in addition to himself.. there just isnt enough money sometimes to live.

I am not going to dig back now, but last month I asked where all the JoHo supporters that kept telling us a Harris administration would be no more punitive to 2A issues than the current one.

If you are keeping score, they have had a month..........................................................................................
"They" haven't done anything yet...
This is a bad state law being upheld by an activist judge, not federal.
There will be plenty to fear and loathe with JoHo, but this ain't it. Give it time.

USSC Justice Amy Coney Barrett has already ruled the opposite way when she was sitting on a lower court. This will be headed from WI to the USSC now, where I expect it will be overturned.

"They" haven't done anything yet...
This is a bad state law being upheld by an activist judge, not federal.
There will be plenty to fear and loathe with JoHo, but this ain't it. Give it time.

My reference was more in regards to the climate. To be precise, my post was meant to highlight the fact that none of JoHo's supporters can articulate how a Harris admin would NOT jeopardize 2A matters.

TBH, I am more concerned for the heart and soul of the Union than any individual right.

If.....the person was SOOOOOOO DANGEROUS. Wouldn't it be easier (or more correct) to just lock him/her up upon conviction?

Maybe not sooooo cheap but......

IF WE COULD SAVE JUST ONE LIFE.

Now, where have we heard that one before?

Aloha, Mark

This is racist. It targets certain demographics who are notorious for not supporting their children.

What is REALLY needed is.....
double-secret-probation.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I dont see how a persons second amendment rights tie into child support.. at all.. or why it is even a punishment.
Family court is overwhelmingly anti male, many men get behind on payments because they are basically paying for his ex and child to live in addition to himself.. there just isnt enough money sometimes to live.

I was wondering the same thing. For it to become felony I have to wonder if the guy did not do something really over the top to piss off the courts?

This is racist. It targets certain demographics who are notorious for not supporting their children.
Now that you mention this I am kind of surprised that has not been a big deal in the media? Since it seems almost everything in the law is somehow racists, wonder why this has not been? Would be an interesting fight to see where some would want to come down on this.

I could imagine......IF say, the guy was a multiple offender of failing to pay on time.

Aloha, Mark
Wife who watches the most bizarre stuff on TV has told me a few times of guys who have a dozen or so kids with that many women. All the women on Welfare so the state wanting the guy to pay and he of course just wandering through life knocking up another woman every time he could. Wonder if it was one of these? Some law makers finally made it felony thing?

Wife who watches the most bizarre stuff on TV has told me a few times of guys who have a dozen or so kids with that many women. All the women on Welfare so the state wanting the guy to pay and he of course just wandering through life knocking up another woman every time he could. Wonder if it was one of these? Some law makers finally made it felony thing?

SOME LADIES (I could imagine).....actually seek out those sort of Alpha Males.

And.....I won't/don't want to hazard a guess as to......WHY.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads