JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This news story was published today that starting Nov 1st the valid CHP holders recognized by WI will not be restricted in the capital. For only just legalizing CC at all, this seems like something of a big step for them.

Also, coming from the Chicago Tribune, they couldn't help poking fun at IL for being the last state that doesn't allow carrying :).

<broken link removed>

I can't find one on Wisconsin's site. <broken link removed>

They have the ability to honor other states licenses. <broken link removed>

If I am visiting Wisconsin from another state and I have a CCW license from that state, is it okay for me to carry in Wisconsin?
Maybe. DOJ is required to establish, by rule, a list of states that issue a CCW license or permit that either requires or designates that the holder of the license or permit chose to submit to a background check that is comparable to the check conducted under Wisconsin law. Wis. Stat. § 165.25(12). A person who possesses a CCW license or
permit from one of the states designated in the DOJ rule may carry concealed in Wisconsin. Wis. Stat. § 15.60((1)(f) and (2g)(a). Such a person may begin carrying concealed as soon as DOJ lists the state by rule which will be posted online on
November 1, 2011.
What type of out-of-state license is acceptable?
It must be a valid permit, license, approval or other authorization issued by another state if all of the following apply:
• If the permit, license, approval or other authorization is for the carrying of a concealed weapon. Wis. Stat. § 175.60(1)(f)1.
• The state is listed in the rule promulgated by DOJ under Wis. Stat. §165.25(12). Wis. Stat. § 175.60(1)(f)2; 165.25(12).
• The holder must be over the age of 21. Wis. Stat. § 175.60(1)(g).
• The holder must not be a Wisconsin resident. Wis. Stat. § 175.60(1)(g).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top