JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This balloon has been popped, it appears the White House is no longer responding to these petitions.

Regardless of what you think about bumpstocks, banning them was dangerous for our rights. It is setting stronger precedent for Administrations to order DOJ to draft up all kinds of bans that infringe on our gun rights. What's next? Pistol braces, 80% frames/receivers, background checks for upper receivers, etc. The list could get very long when the agency in charge is unaccountable to congress who should be making laws like this.

Trump made several read my lips speeches where he promised not to infringe on our gun rights but then did exactly that. He may do it again if we don't hold him accountable. I propose that we start a We The People Petition requesting that they rescind the bumpstock ban and settle lawsuits with admission that they were wrong in believing that the rule change was in their purview to do. If the petition collected the 100,000 required signatures in 30 days the White House would respond. If the White House response is something to the effect of go suck eggs then we can make an better informed decision in the 2020 election. Trump is going to have a very tough election if he runs in 2020. He needs a strong turnout from those he threw under the bus.

Last Edited:
And if Trump wants to ban bumpstocks the proper way, he can go to congress. He'll have plenty of votes in the House. And Rubio the Rat, Softy Susan and probably a few other Rhinos will give him the simple majority needed in the Senate.

I thought they stopped responding on there?

My wife and I would sign but there was a ton of signatures to repeal the NFA, more then enough for a response and never got anything. I think that avenue is dead now.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

My wife and I would sign but there was a ton of signatures to repeal the NFA, more then enough for a response and never got anything. I think that avenue is dead now.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe you are right. The website is up but it looks like the Trump Whitehouse will not be responding to these petitions:(

Me and my wife would sign. And I would gather other signatures as well from in laws and other relatives as well as at work (I work at a gun manufacturing company) so long as the petition has a potential of getting looked at.

Where do I sign?
It's a bust. The Whitehouse appears to have abandoned responding to the petitions. If you read a lot of the successful petitions you will understand why:)

I do worry Trump helped strengthen a bad precedent for when the next really anti-gun administration wins (which could be 2020) so even if pro-gun Senators hold the Senate they can monkey around with all sorts of rules to mess with us.

Me and my wife would sign. And I would gather other signatures as well from in laws and other relatives as well as at work (I work at a gun manufacturing company) so long as the petition has a potential of getting looked at.
Thanks but it looks like it would not get looked at but feel free to put that energy in to sparing us from the worst the anti-gun legislation here in Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top