JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why do people want the low serial number on guns? I get it fro older guns because they are more collectable but like a new AR what does it matter what the serial number is?

Some day they will be older guns. I don't think its a obsession as much as just a cool novelty . except maybe with older 3 digit colts SP1s from the 60s there is a coolness factor about them . but if any of the new Ar manufactures are around 40 50 years from now and you hand that rifle down to your grand son it will be worth a little more cause it was a first year produced rifle as opposed to just some random year. but it may even go further, in some cases some of the earlier rifles produced had more hands on rather than mass produced . actually were built by the founding owners of the name brand rather than hired help.

there is a coolness factor of being one of the first have a 1 or 2 even 3 digit seral # VS a 7 digit serial # that starts with a 12th letter of the alphabet

Not me I want the bugs ironed out in mine.

I bought Glock 19 serial number 7## and I thought that was cool, right up until Glock strengthened them later on.

Yeh not all early models are better in many cases. I think the "obsession" starts once its proved itself and then people start wanting them. Many companies have failed because their first try was junk. But many also used better prodicts and craftsmanship in the beginning before streamlining and cutting corners.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top