JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks.

Why do people not have the common courtesy to respond to someone who ANSWERS
an add that THEY place!!!???

A simple "Thanks for your response" is not too much is it?

Even "No thanks" would work.

But to leave a respondent with NO reply is down right rude.

Thanks for letting me rant.....I'll go back to sleep now.

Ive been putting people on my block list who can not take 1 sec to respond. Guy had a XDM & was looking for a 1911, sent him a offer for my brand new rem r1, wouldnt even respond with a no thanks or not interested.

I would say probably because they are listing items for sale and not doing math............

Then I guess it also depends on the situation. Someone had posted on my ad and I did not see it for several days as it did not pull up on "new posts". PM is always best.

Also how long is the lack of reply? Sometimes I am basically here all day, other times I am off for several days........

I would say probably because they are listing items for sale and not doing math............

Then I guess it also depends on the situation. Someone had posted on my ad and I did not see it for several days as it did not pull up on "new posts". PM is always best.

Also how long is the lack of reply? Sometimes I am basically here all day, other times I am off for several days........

maybe im not patient enough nwcid,

10 days after a pm may not be long enough to wait.....

I don't think that is true. The post doesn't go back to the top unless the bump period of 7 days has elapsed. The OP should be free to answer questions in his thread without bumping.

That said, I think str8shootr said he PMed the seller.

You do know the OP can't post in his or her ad for 7 days as its considered a bump right?

use PM (private message). buyer should PM seller also, instead of posting on the ad.

but this does not bother me. like on craigslist, if I post something and buyer ask me something I already mentioned on the ad, I usually don't reply.

also if I ask seller something and no reply? I simply move on.

Well answering questions that have already been answered are a good indicator of how the transaction could go.

If they are having problems right off the bat that is a strong indicator that the rest of it will end up going the same way. Dont know about you but in more then one area of my life I have "worked" to make deals that in the end you sure wish you had moved on before the problems even started.

Well answering questions that have already been answered are a good indicator of how the transaction could go.

It is easy to miss something in an ad in a forum. If someone asks a question about it, at least they're interested in buying what you are selling. Maybe I'm old-school, I guess.

A large US corporation has a personality test they give prospective employees.

Here's the dilemma given.

You are driving to work in your new expensive two seat sports car.
You pull up to a stop sign and see three people waiting for a bus, that you just passed and is broken down on the side of the road.
You see your best friend, who is late to work and if he doesn't arrive on time, will lose his job.
Also, there is an elderly women who desperately needs to go to the hospital and have emergency surgery.
Last, is the women of your dreams. You know that if you don't talk to her, you will never see her again.
You can only give one person a ride, what do you do?

It is easy to miss something in an ad in a forum. If someone asks a question about it, at least they're interested in buying what you are selling. Maybe I'm old-school, I guess.

Yes and then the payment is missed, or the meet up is missed or after the sale there is a "problem" or many other things happen. As I said I have had one too many dealings with things that started out bad and only got worse that I refuse to do it any more. There are too many good people to deal with out there.

You pull up to a stop sign and see three people waiting for a bus, that you just passed and is broken down on the side of the road.
You see your best friend, who is late to work and if he doesn't arrive on time, will lose his job.
Also, there is an elderly women who desperately needs to go to the hospital and have emergency surgery.
Last, is the women of your dreams. You know that if you don't talk to her, you will never see her again.
Give the keys to my buddy and have him take granny to the hospital! ;)

Is this a "pick one" question or can you answer how to deal with the whole situation? If the first that is a hard one, if that later then very easy.

If I can manage the situation.

Tell the guys waiting about the bus, they are at no "risk"
Give your friend the ride
Call and ambulance for the lady that way she can get care on the way to the hospital
Trade numbers with the woman of your dreams and call her later

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads