JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm just happy you let me touch your Tikka :rolleyes:
uh-phrasing-29888004.png

Why get a 308 AR? Because they just look so damn cool and they are even funner to shoot!!!! :
d5nbqyP.jpg

Just put my new handguard on this one. Going to take it out on sunday and see about some loads.. DcHjEYx.jpg Sorry about double posting this target pic. I tried to delete it, but no can do for some reason...

I just purchased a Smith and Wesson MP 10 for those times when .556 won't do. If you hit them once they won't likely get back up. I have a feeling that it will shoot more reliably than my first .308. It was Knight SR25 with a Leupold Mark IV 10x. The .308 will shred a vehicle. I use the high quality AR 15 for defensive purposes. Light and quick.

I had one. A loaded model. Traded it for my Daniel Defense AR 15. The M1A shot and functioned perfectly. I do not regret the trade at all. I do miss my 16" barreled DSA FN FAL clone. They cost twice as much as what I paid now. The basic sights were good enough to hit steel at 660 yards.

The .308 will shred a vehicle. AR 15 for defensive purposes. Light and quick.
I have my RRA AR10 and I plan on getting the Armalite DEF10. I have an AR15, building an AR pistol and another AR15 rifle. Have my AK as well. Tikka T3X(in308) is on its way and be here in 2 weeks. I really like to get an M14 but 2k for one right now I cannot do, "yet". ;)

It's a good kind of sickness... err... obsession... heck... call it what you want but it's mine!:rolleyes::D

My trio:

XXD6s9k.jpg

mvcWZsn.jpg

All are old skool, even the Armalite AR-10 (handles are out). The fugly Winchester Model 70 is a tack-driver, earns a place as a "never sell" gun in my battery. The M1A has back-ups.

Why get a .308? Because if you're going to shoot something, hit it as hard as you can.
There aren't any common /reasonably priced MSR's in 30-06 or 300 Win Mag or I'd say get that.

I can give you a very good reason to buy a 308. My WW 2 Uncle instructed me as a child to always have a firearms caliber compatible with government so in the time of a crisis ammo should be available one way or another. I have several 308's, 9 mm and 40 caliber for that purpose alone. All the 308's are either bolt or lever guns.

I just put money down on a SOCOM. Why? It will be a part of my set, M1 carbine, M1 Garand, SOCOM. But I also want to get the M1A1, just for set completeness. I also have an FN FAL, PTR91 and MAS 46/59 (in .308), so I am just staying within my caliber parameters. I like the .308 round, don't like the cost, and I can't quote you ballistics. And besides, I was willed some M14 magazines back in 1999, my goal was to get a rifle to match the magazines and I will now be able to erase that line from my bucket list.

I just put money down on a SOCOM. Why? It will be a part of my set, M1 carbine, M1 Garand, SOCOM. But I also want to get the M1A1, just for set completeness. I also have an FN FAL, PTR91 and MAS 46/59 (in .308), so I am just staying within my caliber parameters. I like the .308 round, don't like the cost, and I can't quote you ballistics. And besides, I was willed some M14 magazines back in 1999, my goal was to get a rifle to match the magazines and I will now be able to erase that line from my bucket list.
Excellent idea. The more the merrier.

I've had several 308 bolt guns come and go but I probably will never let my brace of Fal's leave. Still tinkering with AR 10's in 308, 7mm-08, and 260 Rem. 308 is the perfect blend of power and cartridge size. Great for turning barriers into cover as metioned earlier and more suited to disabling things like vehicles, transformers etc.

Ever since I sold my FAL I have regreted it.
I've been looking for a replacement for some time and was just about to pull the trigger on a Ruger SR-762.
But now I'm looking pretty hard at the IWI Galil Ace .308.
Lots of features I like and it seems to eat any ammo including steel cased ammo, which is a huge plus for shooting .308 on a regular basis.
The 2 port noise maker on the front would have to go though. A Surefire Warcomp looks like it makes it a lot more friendly.
Looks like aftermarket handguards are becoming available now, which is nice since I'm hooked on the M-lok system.

Pretty sure this will be my next SA .308
Now.. the optic decision game, leaning towards a Primary Arms 1x8 ACSS scope to round it out.
Reddit pic
galil.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top