JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If a .308 pistol is more your style, IWI also offers the Galil in a 11.5" pistol version.
I bet the muzzle blast at night with that lil beasty is pretty impressive.
GAP51.png
Can get it with a folding brace also.

The issue I have with the Galil Ace is you have to use the rail on the top cover. It holds zero, with that there is no doubt.

But it doesn't hinge, so you end up removing the top cover completely. No faith in it returning to zero, and I'm not the only one who had it not return to zero. A poster at arfcom tested his with a red dot and found a .5 MOA shift.

If a .308 pistol is more your style, IWI also offers the Galil in a 11.5" pistol version.
I bet the muzzle blast at night with that lil beasty is pretty impressive.
View attachment 492854
Can get it with a folding brace also.

Nice looking .308 pistol. Not sure what kind of load to use if want that for HD defense or something. Muzzle flash might be a problem and not sure about the recoil either.

Have always wanted a FAL just not high on my list. But that thing is cool. :D
dsa-tactical.jpg
There's always the rifle DSA tried to enter the trials the Army had to replace the M110 (they withdrew from the competition). I'm beginning to have some thoughts with the kit I got. 17.2" barrel, railed handguard, railed paratrooper dust cover, and a folding stock.

The issue I have with the Galil Ace is you have to use the rail on the top cover. It holds zero, with that there is no doubt.

But it doesn't hinge, so you end up removing the top cover completely. No faith in it returning to zero, and I'm not the only one who had it not return to zero. A poster at arfcom tested his with a red dot and found a .5 MOA shift.

That is definitely a concern with that top cover and I immediately wondered about it.
But after scouring the net I only found one instance where someone mentioned it and it was the arf.com thread.

That wasn't exactly a controlled test and it was 5.56 in light wind.
Not saying that the POI isn't shifting, but kinda hard to get repeatable results outside in the wind with a 5.56 with 10 shot groups and call it definitive.

I'm by no means a an expert shot but this looks ok to me for 10 shot 200 yard groups.
ace t.jpg

Now if it was in an indoor range and the rifle was locked down in a sled and 3 shot groups were used and the POI was all over the place, I would put more stock in the results.

But the top cover does get removed and is one part of the system. Start stacking tolerances and things can change.
Repeated removal can wear parts and can change things.

It would definitely be a huge let down to spend that kind of money for a rifle that the POI changes every time you field strip it.
I would hope that the designers would take that into consideration. As I can't think of a single person who would be ok with that.

Even with the Cons I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this.
I did find that the rear sight is easily removable, which makes mounting an optic a little easier.
And in this day and age I wonder why they didn't go with a folding front sight, though the sights are pretty low compared to say an AR. Still would be nice to fold them out of the way when not in use.

That is definitely a concern with that top cover and I immediately wondered about it.
But after scouring the net I only found one instance where someone mentioned it and it was the arf.com thread.

That wasn't exactly a controlled test and it was 5.56 in light wind.
Not saying that the POI isn't shifting, but kinda hard to get repeatable results outside in the wind with a 5.56 with 10 shot groups and call it definitive.

I'm by no means a an expert shot but this looks ok to me for 10 shot 200 yard groups.
View attachment 493117

Now if it was in an indoor range and the rifle was locked down in a sled and 3 shot groups were used and the POI was all over the place, I would put more stock in the results.

But the top cover does get removed and is one part of the system. Start stacking tolerances and things can change.
Repeated removal can wear parts and can change things.

It would definitely be a huge let down to spend that kind of money for a rifle that the POI changes every time you field strip it.
I would hope that the designers would take that into consideration. As I can't think of a single person who would be ok with that.

Even with the Cons I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this.
I did find that the rear sight is easily removable, which makes mounting an optic a little easier.
And in this day and age I wonder why they didn't go with a folding front sight, though the sights are pretty low compared to say an AR. Still would be nice to fold them out of the way when not in use.
Mine was the .308, and it had a Vortex Viper PST 3-9 on it. The shift was a bit more than .5 and didn't consistently shift in one direction. If it was a hinged cover it would have been fine. As much as I like the left side charging handle, if they wanted the user to have an optic they should have kept it on the right and stuck to the side mount, if they weren't going to use a hinged cover.

And they didn't go with a folding front sight because it wouldn't be as durable. The Galil Ace was meant more for the average soldier where a big optic is less likely to be used. As well as having time to sight it in after cleaning.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top