JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So Recently I have noticed alot of threads that people have stared, turn into a straight debate or argument, why is that? there are two threads to which i am referring (there are more i have seen these are just the ones i can think of right off the top of my head), one was CHL/CPL guys/gals can a LEO disarm you for no reason? and another was one I started Glock Manual Safety Now both of those started off with asking a question or if someone knew a certian law.. and they turned into a HUGE debate Bashing the other person for thinking such a thing. A lot of the threads start out ok, then turn into a huge debate and by the time you get to the last page the people are talking about something completely different then the original topic, and are usually trash talking other users. Every ones point of view is valued, but make sure your point of view reflects the actual topic.

Also If you ask someone opinion and you dont like the response you get remember you ASKED they have theirs and you have your. But dont turn it into OMG you choose 9mm over .40! you are such an idiot. just be like oh well in my opinion .40 is better then 9mm because ...... and leave it at that.

I dont think people start threads to start fights or arguments, but they all seem to turn out that way and, to me personally it takes all the fun out of the forum...

Thats just my thoughts anyways. Sorry this was most likely a pointless post.

:s0114:

It's the internet.

+1

People are typically pretty critical on the interwebs. Frankly I see much less flaming here than on most of the boards I frequent. For the record, I agree with you. If you disagree with someone, state you opinion, why you believe it, remain respectful and leave room for being wrong.

People are typically pretty critical on the interwebs. Frankly I see much less flaming here than on most of the boards I frequent. For the record, I agree with you. If you disagree with someone, state you opinion, why you believe it, remain respectful and leave room for being wrong.

I see what you did there....

And, for the record I am never wrong... just ask me. :D

...<snip>... So... A lot of the threads start out ok, then turn into a huge debate and by the time you get to the last page the people are talking about something completely different then the original topic, and are usually trash talking other users. ...<snip>...

Just remember, when you see a thread that has strayed off topic or turned into a bash-fest, please use the "report" feature (the little red/white/black triangle thingie to the lower left) and bring it to our attention. There's rules against thread-crapping, flaming, personal attacks, etc. etc. :s0155:

Can't we all just learn to get along? or at least be polite.

Usually when a thread I have commented on goes that way I just delete the subscription to it so I dont get the emails or see the replies.

You should see the response I get when I say I dont like certain popular brand firearms..............I think there are a few on here that could benefit from taking anger management classes.;)

The way people discover themselves is through discussion with others. I need to bounce ideas and questions around and have other people tell me their side or answer. That's the way I learn!

Fact is, there are generally various answers, to any question, that are right!
The key to learning is through discussion/argument, we must be able to listen, but how many of us during the course of the day can say they empathetically listen to someone? I don't! I can't wait to get my two cents in and God forbid I have some knowledge of the subject, I'll let you know about it toot-sweet! So I'll try and keep my comments helpfull...you'll still get my jabs at humor though!

Yes... +1 that this forum is my favorite! It's growing big time since I've been here! I thank all the mods for keeping us "nut jobs" in line. I have learned many things on this forum... A lot of the times I just shut-up!

Oh Yeah...sorry about the early morning rant...coffee you know:p

Will
:s0004:Giddiup...

Will- I haven't had my coffee yet so this is my input:

because were men and that's what men do.

Women talk about there feelings, we talk to fix a problem and if you don't agree with what another man is saying, well that's a problem. See the circle of life yet?

SF-

when you ask for opinions, you open yourself up to everyone.....good, bad, or indifferent. Some people feel the need to ram their opinion down your throat, while others will simply give you the facts.......as they see them. MY opinion is that you take it all with a grain of salt, and use the information generated to form your own opinion. 90% of what you read on the internet is BS, you just need to wade thru it until you find what you're looking for! :s0112:

One possibility is people are much more bold and brave when when debating issues in the disembodied anonymity of a forum or otherwise separated from each other. Ever notice how much more "threatning" you are when arguing any type of overcharge with the person on the other end of the line? Typically most forum members never meet FTF with the exception of this one where read about several of you getting together for lunch, shooting, etc. I have only met one member so far (for a FTF deal) but this is the exception rather than the rule. I am sure when those of you who do get together probably do not get into heated debates or arguments. And all of us who are avid participants of any forum have experienced those who seem to have little knowledge or experience with whatever the forum is about and are just there heckle and "push buttons" I will admit this forum is much better than others.

Last Edited:
Oh its a great Forum. I tell people about it all the time. And Always look in the for sale sections first before i go buy a new toy. I was just simply saying it seems to be happening a lot more now then before. Not a big deal. i just wanna get along! lol

People have opinions, some stronger than others. If reading different opinions make people uncomfortable then they should stay with the mainstream media and their indoctrination of what you should think.

I kinda like freedom myself but others like to be told what to think. To each his own.

jj

I personally believe in Freedom myself to say as you wish. Yes you have to right to say and do as you wish, but you also have the right to be courteous to others at the same time.

Oh its a great Forum. I tell people about it all the time. And Always look in the for sale sections first before i go buy a new toy. I was just simply saying it seems to be happening a lot more now then before. Not a big deal. i just wanna get along! lol

I suspect any changes we are seeing is due to the very fast growth in members that we are seeing. Many people bring their posting habits from other forums. Most of them tone it down after getting a sense of this forums calmer "culture".

And, for the record I am never wrong... just ask me. :D

You know, there was this ONE time in my life that I thought I was wrong. Later on, it turned out that I was mistaken about being wrong. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top