JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I for one just think they're cool.
When I shoot my suppressed SBR .300 Blackout everyone wants to try it out as they can't believe how quiet it is.
If i'm forced to defend my home and family, I want my hearing intact when the dust settles.

I don't have to placate people who think being a subject is better than a citizen.

Facts are, as a free person, I can choose what I defend myself with, if I want to use a hammer or an AR, the choice is mine.

No one but God has the authority to dictate my life, all governments and politicians are simply people, they are not my king, I was not born into this world to serve any of them.

Trying to legislate my rights away will only result in turning once law abiding people into felons, if it should go such route, playing by 'the rules' will become less viable than 'other options'

I refuse to have my rights taken away from me from some 'God wannabe' politician. To agree to such would be agreeing to the notion that they know better than me what is good for my life. I resent such notion.

At the end of the day all politicians are just people, our society is inching closer to it being a time to remind them of that.

Last Edited:
I get the responses about not having to explain why. I'm looking for rhetoric for use with the undecided and slightly left of center to see if I can sway their vote. They don't get the subject vs citizen argument and will simply tune you out. Likewise telling someone it's none of their business or to simply FO will motivate someone who might have been too lazy to vote to make sure they vote for the initiative.

I get the responses about not having to explain why. I'm looking for rhetoric for use with the undecided and slightly left of center to see if I can sway their vote. They don't get the subject vs citizen argument and will simply tune you out. Likewise telling someone it's none of their business or to simply FO will motivate someone who might have been too lazy to vote to make sure they vote for the initiative.

The AR 15 is what police use to protect themselves in the commission of stopping violent attackers when they have the ability and time to grab it. Are American citizens lives not worth protecting as much as police?

Should American citizens not have a similar ability to defend themsevles from violent attackers just as police do?

The AR allows young, old, small, large, weak, strong, the ability to defend themselves better than other platforms because the recoil is nominal, weight is minimal and aiming and placing accurate shots on target is far easier with a rifle than a pistol for anyone.

The AR 15 is what police use to protect themselves in the commission of stopping violent attackers when they have the ability and time to grab it. Are American citizens lives not worth protecting as much as police?

Should American citizens not have a similar ability to defend themsevles from violent attackers just as police do?

The AR allows young, old, small, large, weak, strong, the ability to defend themselves better than other platforms because the recoil is nominal, weight is minimal and aiming and placing accurate shots on target is far easier with a rifle than a pistol for anyone.

Best thing you can do is invite people to a safe and delightful experience at a range shooting minimal recoil guns at targets that aren't vulgar.

Being knowledgeable of something dissolves the fear of it and most liberals simply have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to guns and they are afraid of them.

At the end of the day though, not everyone can be 'saved' and what we are seeing in this country is a divide with open animosity.

Ironically, you'd think since conservatives own most the guns and according to liberals they are so unstable and can't be trusted to responsibly own firearms, you'd think they wouldn't want to incite problems with conservatives. Twitter likes and egotistical notions of superior intelligence don't make very good weapons and I keep reading that they are willing to take them from my cold dead hands....

What day exactly are we starting this? I want to make sure I have lots of sandwiches made beforehand because I'm going to work up a hearty appetite.

military rifle: post 1986 military rifles/carbines are generally select fire, and select fire weapons are not legal for civilians to personally own. (though with the right licenses your business can have *samples*)
pre-1986 select fire weapons or auto sears must have been registered and NFA tax stamped to be legally owned by a civilian. and in WA state they are illegal regardless.

Assault weapon: don't know what that is.

AR-15: happens to be the most popular rifle in the USA for a reason. It's standardized. Standardized is good. Means If I buy a gun, and years later the manufacture of said gun goes out of business...I don't have to worry about finding replacement parts to fix it because practically any part from any manufacture will fit it because they all use the same basic standards. So when the barrel wears out, I could put a different brand in...when the gas tube rusts away or gas block, can use any brand of gas tube or block I want so long as they are correct length and size. I don't like my hand guard...get a different one...bolt carrier breaks...get another one. upper cracks...get another one. hundreds of companies making parts using the AR-15 standard. That's why AR-15... why wouldn't you buy a weapon so modular and cross compatible with manufactures?! If only there were cars or trucks out there like this where the majority of parts are bolt in cross compatible...

AK: they're cheap..they're generally very reliable. ammo is dirt cheap for them. easy to take apart and clean.

2nd Amendment
To oppose the Government if needed and to repel a standing army if needed. Period.

Simply check the drafters of this 2nd Amendment and see clear for about 15 years prior their concerns were the Government might use a standing army to control the people. So this was to be held above all laws.

Thats the real and only reason it exists and since our standing army now rules the people in some aspects
and the Government is trying to rule the people. Any questions ...as said all this is in the history for easy reading.
( how I choose to do this is not the Government or standing armies concern )

Absolute power corrupts... Absolutely...."I wouldn't take away your freedom of speech so why would you not allow me to protect your rights?"

"I can't stop what you say, but you and I can keep someone from hurting you. We may not agree on some issues but....some people want to change your opinion to what works for them (trump, hillary, obama, etc) while twisting it for their own views/power gains....we may disagree but individual freedom is paramount for our republic to exist, right?"

Depending on how presented and what comes next......then you have to choose a side.... choose wisely.

Hi everyone. I live in WA though formerly lived and worked in OR. Just an old man's simple input here. I have come to believe that the whole anti-2A thing is an emotional argument devoid of any factual basis. Its virtue signaling to make themselves feel good. Confronting emotion with logic is not an effective argument strategy. Learned that from 2 ex-wives. Anyway, be ready to teach those who honestly want to learn. We do that well. When faced with nothing but raw emotionalism a well stated "screw you" and walk away is about the best one can do. An emotional response to an emotional attack levels the playing field. You may not convince anyone but emotional appeals don't want to be convinced they beg for emotional validation. Don't give that validation to anyone. Time for half measures are over. THEY want to eviscerate the 2A. To that I say a big "screw them". Sorry I don't mean to offend but this shyte has gotten way serious now.

it isn't a matter of need because their are a lot of people that have more than they need .if you can afford it and want it buy it . Evin if you don't use it its yours. their a lot of people that cant afford stuff that we get taxed to feed, house , and transport... their are a lot of them converting my tax dollars to drugs ect... some of my family and in laws!!! They don't want to hear it . so if I want an ak or an sks with what the government leaves me with why shouldn't I it is my money!

Hi everyone. I live in WA though formerly lived and worked in OR. Just an old man's simple input here. I have come to believe that the whole anti-2A thing is an emotional argument devoid of any factual basis. Its virtue signaling to make themselves feel good. Confronting emotion with logic is not an effective argument strategy. Learned that from 2 ex-wives. Anyway, be ready to teach those who honestly want to learn. We do that well. When faced with nothing but raw emotionalism a well stated "screw you" and walk away is about the best one can do. An emotional response to an emotional attack levels the playing field. You may not convince anyone but emotional appeals don't want to be convinced they beg for emotional validation. Don't give that validation to anyone. Time for half measures are over. THEY want to eviscerate the 2A. To that I say a big "screw them". Sorry I don't mean to offend but this shyte has gotten way serious now.

That's exactly correct. It's based on emotion rather than facts and logic. If we want to communicate then we need to communicate in the terms of the audience.

IMO liberal/progressive types are all big government folks and don't have a distrust of government ...yet. That won't happen until all their rights have been replaced by government approved privileges. We get that; they don't, soit's a losing argument even if its correct.

You do not have to own a firearm... And if you do not want to , that is fine by me.
But I sure do get tired of people trying to get me , a guy who likes firearms , to :
Give up mine , or Limit what I can own...Especially since I am a law abiding US citizen , who wants to harm no one.

I think that it is interesting that the folks who own guns legally , only want to left alone , as a general rule...And the folks who want to ban or restrict firearms want to impose their will or viewpoints on others.
Andy

I think that it is interesting that the folks who own guns legally , only want to left alone , as a general rule...And the folks who want to ban or restrict firearms want to impose their will or viewpoints on others.
Not at all. All the time we're trying to force evil guns on them. Just last week I was at a rally demanding everyone own a gun. <|;•)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top