JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Context is key. That sentence isolated from the rest of my post 2 pages ago looks out of place, yes. But in the context of my original post it makes sense.
Context is key. However, I did not take you out of context. I isolated the sentence because of the specific qualifiers you used. While I can see where you may be coming from with the mention of conservatives (which I am not one), the qualifiers of "white" (which I am not) and "male" are what stood out.

I don't see much, on this forum, that would imply you would have to be white or male (neither of which do you need to be in order to be a conservative anyways). So yes, I read the entire post. No, I did not see the need for the two specific qualifiers, which is the cause for the confusion.

Now you're complaining about my tone?????

Just to be clear... I was complaining about your generalizations. My unsolicited opinion, is that YOU don't have a clue about the things you generalize about. Therefore, IMO, you are full of it... as I wrote.

Sooo, are you a woman? Or are you extrapolating how I am dealing with you to how I would approach a woman on here? Are you saying that women can't take straight talk? That they are too sensitive to be able to share their opinions and then take honest feedback?
I've written enough for the day here.

Your response says everything it needs to.

I've written enough for the day here.

Your response says everything it needs to.

Not in my opinion it doesn't. I would need a few more hours, days, years to explore all the reasons you have for your beliefs/opinion.

However, I notice immediately that you do not rebut my complaint about your generalizing re conservatives. Instead, you deflect. I qualify that as non-responsive. So much for being able to discuss.

Not in my opinion it doesn't. I would need a few more hours, days, years to explore all the reasons you have for your beliefs/opinion.

However, I notice immediately that you do not rebut my complaint about your generalizing re conservatives. Instead, you deflect. I qualify that as non-responsive. So much for being able to discuss.
I may be generalizing yes. But it was my opinion. As I or anyone here not entitled to an opinion?

If it doesn't agree with you, yes you are entitled to your opinion, in this case you call it a complaint, more specifically, you stated not once but twice that I have "no clue". These are your opinions yes, but they offer nothing in terms of conversation or as you say "able to discuss"

I am okay with your opinion. You have a right to it and I have a right to mine. My thoughts are not morally superior to yours. As yours mine.

However in my opinion, as is the opinion of the owner of this website through rule #1 of using this website, your opinions are of a negative tone and nature.

You can call it "straight talk" and you are entitled to do so.

I stated I was done, but I keep getting pulled back in...

I apologize if my context here provides zero support to the original post.

Just some random opinions and thoughts, right?

I hear what you're saying and I do not have a know-it-all attitude, didn't mean to come across that way. I have gone to the range with little tips given to me from NWFA members that completely improved my shooting. I don't know why this sticks out in my head, but somewhere along the lines I mentioned brass ejecting back at me and @No_Regerts pointed out that if I was shooting properly, it shouldn't be happening. Said my grip could be one of the probable causes. The next time I went out, I paid attention to that and haven't had brass eject back or even a stove pipe since then!

It's the opinionated "advice" I don't care for. For example I made a rookie mistake and didn't pay extra attention to the ammo I was buying.... so I found myself up in the forest win with 250 rounds of steelcase 9mm... ran some of it through my G19 because it's all I had. Was talking to someone about how that's the 1st and last time I do that. It shot fine, but I simply do not like it for various reasons. I found myself getting an entire condensending lecture about how there's nothing wrong with it and it's just as good as brass. Unsolicited opinionated "advice".

:D <that's a grin going on here. Shooting is much like life and it seems if you really have more tolerance you can gleen the good things away from the unsolicited bs. I kinda chuckle at all the life's changes in 66 years, simple common courtesy becomes an affront to dignity or even a gender challenge. I don't care and people can build what life suits them, I will open the door for others as its the right thing to do, the helpful thing to do and it's respect for my fellow human in the world we travel.

Shooting is not gender based, it's security based and it let's you build a better life being secure in your own person. The gun games help you learn to shoot best and talking with others doesn't just give you pointers but gives you comparison to learn what's best for you as the shooter. We each have our own way of learning due to body style and comprehensive ability. Learning anything from those who have done it saves tons of time and money to get the best for you. If you go with the attitude of learning then you can really grow in shooting but old fuds like me who throw in personality with the shooting can drive you crazy.

Tolerance, if an old fud bothers you the ask them quetions that make them feel important giving answers. Then they go home happy but will avoid you the next time...maybe.:D It's attention that drives unsolicited advice, people want attention to make them feel important.

But it was my opinion. As I or anyone here not entitled to an opinion?

Wasn't complaining about you having an "opinion". My problem is with you generalizing about something that, in my "opinion", you seem to know nothing about.

These are your opinions yes, but they offer nothing in terms of conversation or as you say "able to discuss"

Your opinion of the worthlessness of my opinion is hereby noted.

I am okay with your opinion.

Thanx. I am ok with yours also. Just don't like your generalizing.

You have a right to it and I have a right to mine. My thoughts are not morally superior to yours. As yours mine.

I never said my thoughts are morally superior and I don't appreciate your saying so. However, YOU did say imply above by saying that my comments offer nothing. I think you are just rejecting the opinion that you could be wrong in your generalizing.

However in my opinion, as is the opinion of the owner of this website through rule #1 of using this website, your opinions are of a negative tone and nature.

IMO, just my opinion, yours may differ, nothing in Rule #1 prohibits a negative "tone" towards a comment that another member has made. The rule only says to be excellent to each other. This IMO in no way prohibits dissent. Perhaps tho, I shouldn't have generalized about you being full of it. I apologize for any hurt feelings that you may have suffered. I should have just said that IMO you were wrong and don't know from which you were speaking. It is interesting to me tho that you prefaced your first statement saying that you thought you would get some flack. So why go there? Seems to me it was unneeded and didn't add anything to the conversation, which had nothing to do with conservatism. Same as bringing liberalism or race into it.

Unlike you, I admit I could be wrong though. Let's ask Joe Link.

So a lot of what's written in these post is to open the door to women if they want it. While men have dominated the learning it will be a great boon in life if you get education in shooting. You will get far more out of it than you can imagine.

Context is key. However, I did not take you out of context. I isolated the sentence because of the specific qualifiers you used. While I can see where you may be coming from with the mention of conservatives (which I am not one), the qualifiers of "white" (which I am not) and "male" are what stood out.

I don't see much, on this forum, that would imply you would have to be white or male (neither of which do you need to be in order to be a conservative anyways). So yes, I read the entire post. No, I did not see the need for the two specific qualifiers, which is the cause for the confusion.

Good to know. I thought you had seen the previous quote of just that sentence and not my full comment.

The point that I was trying to make is that from time to time there are comments on this forum that are racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-liberal, etc. and that those comments could be offputting to 2nd amendment supporters, or potential supporters, who are the subject of the myriad -isms. I personally feel that the fight to save what little rights gun owners have won't be won by alienating people who don't fit the stereotypical gun owner profile, which is conservative white male - and why I used those specific qualifiers.

People are equally entitled to voice their opinions, but posting comments rife with -isms (not you specifically) on a forum with a stated purpose of bringing gun owners together is kind of counterproductive if your main goal is 2A support.

The original question was "Why do there appear to be so few woman shooters here?"

Women actually respond, and you don't like our answers... I feel like some are reading... just not listening.... :rolleyes:

The original question was "Why do there appear to be so few woman shooters here?"

Women actually respond, and you don't like our answers... I feel like some are reading... just not listening.... :rolleyes:
I apologize if I derailed the thread.

Just trying to throw some thoughts out there that normally don't get expressed by men in my experiences in life.

I hear what you are saying and wouldn't mind talking in person if you ever make it to one of the Trash No Land events.

I can point to about three to ten threads where a woman braved this site, only to be bombarded with unwanted advice.

We aren't the most female friendly unfortunately.

We have a thread called girls with guns, if that doesn't paint the image of the type of guys here, I'm not sure you'll ever understand why we have so few women.

Where is this thread, uh, for science.

I can point to about three to ten threads where a woman braved this site, only to be bombarded with unwanted advice.

We aren't the most female friendly unfortunately.

We have a thread called girls with guns, if that doesn't paint the image of the type of guys here, I'm not sure you'll ever understand why we have so few women.

If this EVER happens, I ask that someone please convo me so I can take care of it. We are NOT a "men only" website and women are welcome and encouraged to join and participate.

The thread you mention is not out for the "public" to view and there is also a guys and guns thread.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top