JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because most shooters are men. Ever been to a gun range on an average day? And the few women shooters and gun owners on here post mostly in the general sections because generally most topics are not necessary gender specific.

I know there bunch of female shooter out there! :D

"Getting them to are site is another hurdle"

6198EE24-784F-47C5-9865-6D511CFDC271.jpeg

Because most shooters are men. Ever been to a gun range on an average day? And the few women shooters and gun owners on here post mostly in the general sections because generally most topics are not necessary gender specific.
I figured as much, the very few times I do see women at my range, they are with a man. The reason I am asking is because women represent a large part of the voting population and if they aren't participating in forums like these, I am worried they may not be as likely to vote with a 2nd Amendment frame of mind.

The women I have talked to, are not social gun owners, they do not feel the need to live breath and eat firearms. Even those whom compete tend to blog and not discuss in forums.

That and all you pervs in this forum scare them all off. :s0140:

Just opinion but I believe women see guns in a completely different light than men do. I was married a bit over 40 years to the same woman and while she did own guns for her defence, she wasn't into guns the way men get into sports or hobbies.

I know A lot of women have (or want to get) their CCW. But I don't know many women who enjoy rifles and none who have gun collections. My impression is they see guns as tools for personal protection, but not as a hobby. They don't sit in the garage tinkering for hours like we do.

The women I have talked to, are not social gun owners, they do not feel the need to live breath and eat firearms. Even those whom compete tend to blog and not discuss in forums.

That and all you pervs in this forum scare them all off. :s0140:
I wouldn't care that they didn't live, breathe and eat firearms. I am interested in their thoughts on protecting the 2nd Amendment and our gun rights. The few women I hear or read discussing the 2nd Amendment and gun rights are usually on the stump looking for votes or being paid by NRA, etc. Many of you guys are very passionate about gun rights, I can tell from what you write. I think very few women share that same level of passion for gun rights.

I wouldn't care that they didn't live, breathe and eat firearms. I am interested in their thoughts on protecting the 2nd Amendment and our gun rights. The few women I hear or read discussing the 2nd Amendment and gun rights are usually on the stump looking for votes or being paid by NRA, etc. Many of you guys are very passionate about gun rights, I can tell from what you write. I think very few women share that same level of passion for gun rights.

I know about 10 women off the top of my head that know myself personally, are more aware about the laws in Oregon then most on here. As mentioned the approach is different they don't feel that need to engage as much they are content for the most part with small groups. BTW not joking I know at least 10 who know allot, I think the ones I know who have come here, (and no offense) are bubblegumy whinny gun owners wanting the NRA and OFF to solve their problems when it comes to gun legislation, thats what many have told me about this from a womens point of view. And I agree, three of the women I know have watched OFF get money year after year and they solve nothing and they ask me, why are so many people throwing money at this organization when it solves nothing ? I tell them because its the only way they know where to look for hope ( referring to gun owners here). I think that as a political site NWFA talks allot about allot of stuff, but the opinions here do not make change and they haven't for the most part. Cease Fire Oregon has way less members then NWFA yet they accomplish many things we here not so much. So to answer why they do not participate here with local laws and such as I think many do not take NWFA serious when it comes to being a united front. The owner OP Joe does stand behind rights, but the site doesn't represent that .

Back in the old days, there wasn't much to talk about regarding guns. You took the old flintlock and did things with it.. not much to talk about given an ignition system that didn't change for many hundreds of years.
I like turtles.

I know a few that shoot for fun but very few. Of those, one is also a gear head and worked in an auto parts place for years.

I agree with most of what's been said - my wife will shoot with me as an outing or with another couple but she is not looking to have a collection of guns, doesn't want to work on our cars or computers etc.

It's not that she can't, it's just that she would rather spend her time in other ways.

I would also propose that a majority of gun gals live out in the sticks and don't spend a lot of time on the internet surfing gun websites much less post in them.

I can't speak for a single woman in this world, they do well enough speaking for themselves:D What I do know about women is damn few of them have anything to do with hand tools. Go into any garage and tell me how many mechanics you see that are female. How many race car drivers, professional hunters, deep sea fishermen,crabbers, or even car salesmen. Guns are just a male catagory to most women and they seem to have no intrest because they get no joy or pleasure from guns.

My wife learned at an early age what being able to protect herself meant to her life. It gave her confidence to not live in fear and as she gained more ability with tools she stood tall in the world as a secure person. There is so much women gain from learning to use guns but so few women who understand the good that would come from the learning.

I know about 10 women off the top of my head that know myself personally, are more aware about the laws in Oregon then most on here. As mentioned the approach is different they don't feel that need to engage as much they are content for the most part with small groups. BTW not joking I know at least 10 who know allot, I think the ones I know who have come here, (and no offense) are bubblegumy whinny gun owners wanting the NRA and OFF to solve their problems when it comes to gun legislation, thats what many have told me about this from a womens point of view. And I agree, three of the women I know have watched OFF get money year after year and they solve nothing and they ask me, why are so many people throwing money at this organization when it solves nothing ? I tell them because its the only way they know where to look for hope ( referring to gun owners here). I think that as a political site NWFA talks allot about allot of stuff, but the opinions here do not make change and they haven't for the most part. Cease Fire Oregon has way less members then NWFA yet they accomplish many things we here not so much. So to answer why they do not participate here with local laws and such as I think many do not take NWFA serious when it comes to being a united front. The owner OP Joe does stand behind rights, but the site doesn't represent that .
Don't tease us what are these 10 women doing then? Is it working? Maybe we ought to be doing it too rather then banging the keyboard here. I don't know any woman including my wife that knows diddly squat about the 2nd Amendment fights we are facing. Her eyes glaze over when I try to talk to her about it, or she get's pissed off:)

Don't tease us what are these 10 women doing then? Is it working? Maybe we ought to be doing it too rather then banging the keyboard here. I don't know any woman including my wife that knows diddly squat about the 2nd Amendment fights we are facing. Her eyes glaze over when I try to talk to her about it, or she get's pissed off:)

Mine leans left and listens to what I talk about while trying to understand the logic and then argues my points to her friends when they start spouting propaganda...;)

I can't speak for a single woman in this world, they do well enough speaking for themselves:D What I do know about women is damn few of them have anything to do with hand tools. Go into any garage and tell me how many mechanics you see that are female. How many race car drivers, professional hunters, deep sea fishermen,crabbers, or even car salesmen. Guns are just a male catagory to most women and they seem to have no intrest because they get no joy or pleasure from guns.

My wife learned at an early age what being able to protect herself meant to her life. It gave her confidence to not live in fear and as she gained more ability with tools she stood tall in the world as a secure person. There is so much women gain from learning to use guns but so few women who understand the good that would come from the learning.
I understand women not being in to guns but I think most would understand you are better off with one than without one if you are in a bad situation. It's too bad more women aren't interested in gun rights. I think it would help us retain ground in the election cycles.

Then there's the probability that women that shoot don't need or want to have a separate "Girly Forum", they find "pink" guns childish or even demeaning, and they are already living (and posting) amongst us guys as equals.
While most women shooters may not be "intense" about guns, interested in minutia of loads and rate of twist, and which caliber is best for killing Warthogs... they WILL be interested in keeping a Right they had even before they were "allowed" to Vote or enter certain professions and Country Clubs. All "we" have to do is help frame the fight for the 2nd as being just as important as retaining their right to vote.
There was a time when most self-respecting women had a Derringer (or equivalent) tucked in their bodices when alone in public, or could handle a shotgun/rifle around the homestead.

Last Edited:
Then there's the probability that women that like guns don't need or want to have a separate "Girly Forum", they find "pink" guns childish, and they are already living (and posting) amongst us guys as equals.
While most women shooters may not be "intense" about guns, interested in minutia of loads and rate of twist, and which caliber is best for killing Warthogs... they WILL be interested in keeping a Right they had even before they were "allowed" to Vote or enter certain professions and Country Clubs. All "we" have to do is help frame the fight for the 2nd as being just as important as retaining their right to vote.
We need to do something, because I rarely see women at my range and it is a very respectable and safe range. I think they are more easily swayed by the anti-gun groups than some men are. And I would really like to see them more involved in the gun rights battles.

I understand women not being in to guns but I think most would understand you are better off with one than without one if you are in a bad situation. It's too bad more women aren't interested in gun rights. I think it would help us retain ground in the election cycles.

I know some women that own their own guns but its' more of an insurance policy for them than a tool. Few spend the time to learn how to really use one because in their life they never see the need for one. What they don't get is guns are life changing if you carry one and can open a world they just cant' do without one. However my sense is they don't seem to have that need for adventure men do and since they have no call to adventure they dont' need a gun to travel with.
A gun can give then confidence and courage to change but by the looks of the world the women don't want that. They are more apt to let someone do for them than do for themselves when it comes to self protection so in reality they will never be equals... and it's their choice to be that way. Bad choice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top