JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know plenty of strong conservative women, my wife included, that would laugh at that assessment. Of the conservative families I know, not one I know would match that description. I, as do many others, find strong conservative women appealing. That's not to say there aren't folks that look like what you described, but if I were to generalize, I would say I find conservative women to be well able to stand up for themselves.
Hence my first sentence.

Most conservative women follow conservative values.

A will generalize for a bit and if I come of offensive I will delete this and apologize as your a cool guy @etrain16 and I've discussed many things with you, and don't want to offend.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with conservative women following conservative values, I'm stating that women that don't follow conservative values, tend to have a hard time wanting to be conservative, which includes owning and shooting firearms.

Things like, making the money and being the sole provider for the household vs the husband. Having the husband cook, clean, and maintain the home. Having the husband be the stay at home dad. Continue to seek career opportunities.

Yes these things can exist within a conservative household, but to generalize, I'd say they are rare.

If I'm off base I'll shut up.

I know plenty of strong conservative women, my wife included, that would laugh at that assessment. Of the conservative families I know, not one I know would match that description. I, as do many others, find strong conservative women appealing. That's not to say there aren't folks that look like what you described, but if I were to generalize, I would say I find conservative women to be well able to stand up for themselves.

And that's why generalizations are so dangerous :). Sometimes they are based solely on people you know, sometimes they are based solely on assumptions about people you don't, and rarely are they 100% accurate.

I know meek and mild conservative* women and I know conservative* women on the other end of the spectrum. But I know even more women that muddy up every liberal/conservative stereotype a person can think of.

*what does that even mean anymore? It's such a broad term how do we even know what people mean when they use it? Religious, social, fiscal? They only take showers once a week a conserve water? :p

Last Edited:
Hence my first sentence.

Most conservative women follow conservative values.

A will generalize for a bit and if I come of offensive I will delete this and apologize as your a cool guy @etrain16 and I've discussed many things with you, and don't want to offend.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with conservative women following conservative values, I'm stating that women that don't follow conservative values, tend to have a hard time wanting to be conservative, which includes owning and shooting firearms.

Things like, making the money and being the sole provider for the household vs the husband. Having the husband cook, clean, and maintain the home. Having the husband be the stay at home dad. Continue to seek career opportunities.

Yes these things can exist within a conservative household, but to generalize, I'd say they are rare.

If I'm off base I'll shut up.

No worries, I wasn't upset or offended, sorry if it came off that way - were good :) I was half laughing when I wrote it because my wife is anything but a meek and timid woman. But then I chose her for that reason.

@Kristina really hit it on the head - generalizations are hard to nail down as there are always exceptions to any rule.

No worries, I wasn't upset or offended, sorry if it came off that way - were good :) I was half laughing when I wrote it because my wife is anything but a meek and timid woman. But then I chose her for that reason.

@Kristina really hit it on the head - generalizations are hard to nail down as there are always exceptions to any rule.

:D some generalizations are very true or fakebook wouldnt' be so popular, however most will not admit how often they fit the profile.:confused:

This particular section of the NWFA forum site appears to have a very low participation rate. Why is that?
Guns aren't especially gendered. The subjects in the womens forum mostly have to do with being smaller or weaker or having small hands, or being new to either firearms or self defense, none of which apply to me. Fire arms is a huge category, and I'm only interested in certain subtopics, so I like the specialized forums.

I have no idea why women don't post here. I've mentioned the forum to many of the women shooters I know and none has come here or seemed to have any interest in it. I'm older and retired and have all the time in the world. Most of them are much younger than me and have busy lives, with family and career. Perhaps those things take priority over socializing on a forum, when they can do all the talking about guns they want at the range with women. Better to do it in person than on some anonymous forum is what I am guessing they are thinking. But I've never asked.

I have no idea why women don't post here. I've mentioned the forum to many of the women shooters I know and none has come here or seemed to have any interest in it. I'm older and retired and have all the time in the world. Most of them are much younger than me and have busy lives, with family and career. Perhaps those things take priority over socializing on a forum, when they can do all the talking about guns they want at the range with women. Better to do it in person than on some anonymous forum is what I am guessing they are thinking. But I've never asked.
The internet is generally hostile to women. Especially forums and unmonitored comments. There are lots of misogynists who quickly tear down any woman. Write an article about a serious subject and some of the comments will be about your looks or whether or not they would like to f you. If a woman is in a position of power or prominence there will usually be a comment by some one saying he would like to f her in the a. Not so for male authors or commenters. So basically, most women have learned that unmonitored forums or comments aren't much fun, and aren't usually the best way to utilize our socializing time.

As a newcomer to nwfa, i'm so far finding it to be relatively non-hostile with respect to the female issue. But it is decidedly hostile towards democrats, liberals, etc. Nearly every thread has multiple posts insulting non-conservatives. The overall flavor is that this is a forum for conservative gun people only. Any non-conservative would have plenty of reason to feel unwelcome in here. Does that more effect women? It might. Women into guns might be more likely to be liberals or to have complex politics rather than straight conservative.

But it is decidedly hostile towards democrats, liberals, etc. Nearly every thread has multiple posts insulting non-conservatives. The overall flavor is that this is a forum for conservative gun people only. Any non-conservative would have plenty of reason to feel unwelcome in here. Does that more effect women? It might. Women into guns might be more likely to be liberals or to have complex politics rather than straight conservative.

Don't know. But I do know all of the women I know who are shooters are conservative. I'm not sure why they have no interest in coming here. I do know they chat about guns on certain FB pages, but in general there isn't a lot of discussion amongst them even
there. I think they just prefer to talk in person.

The internet is generally hostile to women. Especially forums and unmonitored comments. There are lots of misogynists who quickly tear down any woman. Write an article about a serious subject and some of the comments will be about your looks or whether or not they would like to f you. If a woman is in a position of power or prominence there will usually be a comment by some one saying he would like to f her in the a. Not so for male authors or commenters. So basically, most women have learned that unmonitored forums or comments aren't much fun, and aren't usually the best way to utilize our socializing time.

As a newcomer to nwfa, i'm so far finding it to be relatively non-hostile with respect to the female issue. But it is decidedly hostile towards democrats, liberals, etc. Nearly every thread has multiple posts insulting non-conservatives. The overall flavor is that this is a forum for conservative gun people only. Any non-conservative would have plenty of reason to feel unwelcome in here. Does that more effect women? It might. Women into guns might be more likely to be liberals or to have complex politics rather than straight conservative.

This has definitely come up in the past. The stated purpose of this forum is to bring firearm owners together and the mods in the past have tried to keep the liberal-bashing to a minimum but it always crops back up. I find it off-putting and I don't even consider myself a liberal (or conservative for that matter) and it has definitely affected my participation in this forum at times. People are entitled to their opinions, but we have to remember that those opinions might be undermining our goals as 2A supporters. 2A is for everyone, not just "conservative" white males.

Last Edited:
There are no liberal 2nd amendment supporters. Not even all conservitives are supporters. Has nothing to do with gender. My wife and daughter can be further right than I am (hard to believe). There is a spectrum, the further left you go the closer you get to being a communist but the second amendment is a good place to draw the line between right and left (or good and evil)

There are no liberal 2nd amendment supporters. Not even all conservitives are supporters. Has nothing to do with gender. My wife and daughter can be further right than I am (hard to believe). There is a spectrum, the further left you go the closer you get to being a communist but the second amendment is a good place to draw the line between right and left (or good and evil)

I think some of the members of Gays With Guns or Pink Pistols would disagree with you, but that's okay :).

I think some of the members of Gays With Guns or Pink Pistols would disagree with you, but that's okay :).
There are conservitive gays.......more than most people know. Why be so divisive? What color a person likes or sexual proclivities (or gender or race) have no effect on good and evil. People that refuse to be self sufficient and want to be supported by everyone else while trying to prevent people defending themselves are evil.

I know we're just hanging on by the skin of our teeth here and need all the help we can get but I wish the women in sharia law countries would stand up/die/kill for their own human rights.. no one is going to do it for them.

People are entitled to their opinions, but we have to remember that those opinions might be undermining our goals as 2A supporters. 2A is for everyone, not just "conservative" white males.
Very well said. Sadly Titles (Liberals & Leftist) get dumped in the same pot. It's sad because a fair number of Liberals I know and talk to are open minded and willing to speak openly about tough subjects. If you find yourself bashing "The Other Side" of any issue then ask yourself, "Did I listen to their viewpoint or just blast mine". After 29 years of marriage to the same woman I've found that if "The Other Side" feels that they've been heard then mutual understanding can happen. This works equally in marriage and in conversations in person or on-line.

My two cents...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads