JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll likely get bubblegum for saying this, but I feel it's true.

Most gun owners are of the conservative type, they are also male. Conservative men tend to be more understanding of women that sit behind a strong man. Which is considered a normal conservative value.

Strong women don't tend to mix with conservatism because of that last statement.

As stated. women are a minority in the shooting sports and gun ownership.
I think also that men like to participate in forums much more.
Maybe Dana Loesch needs to start a campaign to get more women shooters involved ?
Build our voting block !

We come to the party (the shooting game) with a ton of preconceived notions.
Women come to the party and oftentimes just excel right out of the gate.
It would be good to see more women shooters.
I wish Dana Loesh would come teach my wife some gun rights history and in exchange my wife could teach Dana how to nag kids (and sometimes husband) in to doing the chores.

Most gun owners are of the conservative type, they are also male. Conservative men tend to be more understanding of women that sit behind a strong man. Which is considered a normal conservative value.

Strong women don't tend to mix with conservatism because of that last statement.

I'll agree that's more often true then not.

If I gave my wife $500 and said go spend, she would come back home with clothes and a purse.

I think because women are judged on their appearance more then men.

I'd buy a gun or ammo and wear jeans that were faded and worn out...

My wife is a shooter and on this forum, just doesn't post much. As far as some comments regarding women having different ways to get involved, I agree. She is working on starting a women's shooting group and actively talks with / recruits other women, some who are only casual shooters.

At my trap range the guys are very supportive with newer women shooters. At my other range, some try and are really making an effort but I have seen these programs not very supported by some in the boys club...very unfortunate.

My bride is headed to Gunsite soon for a week long class. One of her goals is to use what she learns to help other women shooters.

My wife is a shooter and on this forum, just doesn't post much. As far as some comments regarding women having different ways to get involved, I agree. She is working on starting a women's shooting group and actively talks with / recruits other women, some who are only casual shooters.

At my trap range the guys are very supportive with newer women shooters. At my other range, some try and are really making an effort but I have seen these programs not very supported by some in the boys club...very unfortunate.

My bride is headed to Gunsite soon for a week long class. One of her goals is to use what she learns to help other women shooters.
That's great!

Very awesome:cool:

I agree with that.

Also, (but not necessarily related to your comment) "strong" women, or women that are into "dude stuff", whatever a person wants to call it, don't necessarily jive with other women super well.

To address the OP's question: as someone stated above most of the ladies here post to the general forum as a lot of things are not gender specific. Questions about which pistols to stuff in our tiny panties or huge bras go in the actual ladies only sub-forum.
:p:p ;);)

To address the OP's question: as someone stated above most of the ladies here post to the general forum as a lot of things are not gender specific. Questions about which pistols to stuff in our tiny panties or huge bras go in the actual ladies only sub-forum.
:p:p ;);)
I have a great idea....
A fund-raiser Fashion Show.

:)

I know plenty of strong conservative women, my wife included, that would laugh at that assessment. Of the conservative families I know, not one I know would match that description. I, as do many others, find strong conservative women appealing. That's not to say there aren't folks that look like what you described, but if I were to generalize, I would say I find conservative women to be well able to stand up for themselves.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top