JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't think it's an example of the smartest human behavior. One thing that I have alway's loved to do, whether in my youth, or into my adult years, is when I come across a bee's nest, I generally screw around with it. If it was an underground nest, my friend and I would sneak up with a shovel and dig it up. I remember coming across a wasp's nest and I didn't have the gut's but my gutsier friend walked up with a big can of wasp killer and sprayed the hell out of the nest and then ran like hell inside.

I've gotten stung one time screwing around with bee's, I was about 9 year's old at the time, I had been spraying an underground nest of yellow jacket's with a hose without getting stung that I eventually got gutsy enough to walk up with a fly swatter and started swatting the hell out of the bee's and one got me right under my eye, I knew then to take more caution if I'm gonna screw around with future bee's nest as my eye had gotten quite swollen, it was right on the eye lid. I inflicted a good amount of bee casualties on the hive though prior to getting stung.

My most recent interaction with the pest's was a few years ago when I was at my brother's house and he had two friend's over. First thing he told me was that the vacant house next door, which had some old garbage can's had some bee's living in the bottom of one of the can's. We would run up, kick the can, and then run back and watch a horde of 150 bee's come out, buzzing around looking for someone to sting but no where in sight. I've only been stung like 3x in my entire life (Once I got stung just running across the yard not screwing around with a bee's nest, it was completely random and my leg went into a brief state of paralysis), something about the danger of being stung 100x is appealing to me.

My friend has this mean Doberman Pinscher, and he attack's with no warning a lot of the time. He has bitten several people bad, and is by every definition of the word a "dangerous dog". My friend told me to take his bone so I started to and he lunged at me. Just before he was about to give me a dog bite that would of easily put me in the hospital, my friend tackled him before he could bite hard. He broke the skin, but it wasn't a bad bite. Something about that risk of winding up in the hospital bed for screwing around with something dangerous is appealing and I don't know why.

JimmyS1985; My friend has this mean Doberman Pinscher said:
Not to "Bee a buzz kill", but there's a dog that would die of lead poisoning if it was my responsibility. Dogs like that are useless for any thing other than that, and most people that own them are fairly powerless themselves, so they have big mean dogs to off set their lack of it. Just my opinion mind you.

Why do people like to mess with hornets? I think it's revenge for past encounters.

eb6.jpg

Dude, since Americas honey bees are threatened by Colony Colapse Disorder please stick to fooling around with savage dogs. If you need a fix I will volunteer my dog for your enjoyment! She is a good bit larger than a Doberman and so should provide you with a real thrill! You can take her food! I'm not tackling her though.

Never messed with bees but there were a lot of wasps that lived in the walls of of the drainage canals by my house.
When I was 7 or 8 we used to stir them up with a stick and run like hell, they would chase you forever.
Wound up getting stung so many times on one run that it put me in the hospital near death. I looked like the elephant boy for a week. Haven't had to use a baking soda and water poultice in nearly 40 years.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

We used to shoot the big paper wasp nests hanging in trees. Wait til dusk, take aim with an old double barrel 12ga with the smallest shot we could get, and let it have both barrels. Vapor. Of course we always ran like hell, but it usually made them go away.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top