JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Laziness, apathy. We've had at least one rally every year since the demokkkRats started their gun control push. The first one was big, three thousand plus people showed up I believe. Then the numbers started nose diving. The last two years, you were lucky to see two hundred make any effort to show up. :rolleyes:
This , I remember 3000 after Sandy Hook and another half that . Couple smaller ones . Thing is no one was ever happy on our side . Always picking at each other, always criticizing especially on this site. Read through more threads here.... people bubblegum if some old guy selling ammo typed in caps .....some great folks on our side of the fence but some mega douche bags as well..... kinda weird someone would think we have no rallies I've been to several , lived through the Clinton ban in my early 20's ..... this fight is as old as the day is long . It's harder to get folks on the same page that already have a thing they are complacent with, easier to band together to focus on one thing to take away as they all prop ea bother up while we just criticize and chop each other down......

Laziness, apathy. We've had at least one rally every year since the demokkkRats started their gun control push. The first one was big, three thousand plus people showed up I believe. Then the numbers started nose diving. The last two years, you were lucky to see two hundred make any effort to show up. :rolleyes:

Agreed. "Family, job, chores..." then when so many are turned into criminals overnight with the stroke of a pen they'll claim on the net, "MALON LABE!!" But will quietly fall in line and turn them all in, all awhile wondering why there wasn't more organized resistance before things went so sideways.

:oops:

gun rights are different. I certainly don't want the public knowing I own guns!

this doesn't mean we don't have the numbers. The silent majority elected Trump, and they still certainly don't want the public knowing they voted for him.

They get into people' face . And lie about what happened with fake witnesses with full support of the media and leftist government . The person the anti target is more than likely totally screwed unless he is very wealthy.
Exactly. About 3-5 years ago it wasnt near as bad as it is now so it was never a concern of mine. Its all about narrative now, and I have a goid suspicion that paid agitators will be at any rallies to instigate tension.

Here is the real question. Obviously we are losing the cultural war. The question is why? Why can't we organize a rally that big for example? Emails and those stupid # political reports# in the NRA magazines don't work. Let's discuss.

Like others said, I work for a living and my weekends are filled with other responsibilities. Also, the left has also shown that it is not above targeting those who disagree with them. I don't want my family or my job to be put at risk due to my political choices.

Which is why I think so many people were surprised when Trump won the election. Those who voted for him were afraid of blowback, so they didn't talk about who they voted for. The left has thrown polite discourse out the window and turned things into this bubblegum-show we see now. Usually after the election, we agree to disagree and move on with our lives. Your team can win next time, lets get on with our lives. It hasn't happened this time around and is still just as ugly as it was before the election.

Can we muster numbers like these?
This was just ONE city...

CAB84FFA-32F0-4059-A4C9-5AA9B6034813.jpeg

Can we muster numbers like these?
Most likely not - the difference being is only 'so many' gun owners are going to 'fight' for their rights - most have varying degrees of dedication and/or attitudes about gun control which will dictate their level of involvement. Antis and libs do not require 'owning' anything to protest - all they need is to feel a purpose and to get out and follow the masses. I'll bet of the the 800K probably less than a 1000 have any idea of why they are there. This is not untypical of ANY liberal cause that is 'marched' about.

For all the reasons stated above, plus probably a few others...believe it or not, some of us actually have to work on the weekend too.

They have the public perception of the higher moral ground (law abiding citizens and/or kids being saved is usually comparatively 'boring' by media standards and doesn't fit their narrative). Plus 99.999% of the time they're advocating for others (only others) to give things up, which cost them nothing. It's very easy to say 'WE have decided a new set of rules...You, over there, give me...' when it doesn't cost you anything. Try taking away something they don't really need...say a fast V8-powered sports car or street bike...they'd loose their collective sh*t over it.

We're the turtle in the race...slow and steady...these horrible acts unfortunately occur, get sensationalized over and over, listing over and over how many were murdered and with what...all the anti's go all hysterical for awhile, and then people calm down. In many cases the politicians are reminded by the level-headed 2A constituents that there's already thousands of laws on the books, and a few more aren't going to achieve the desired results, cuz ya know criminals and the demented do follow the laws.

However, if we're always defending our rights, they will continue to be attacked and eroded, ala boiled frog. As I've said before, we need to start being more inclusive and reach out. 'Kill them with kindness.' I really think the NRA should be reaching out to all its affiliated clubs and members and seeing if they can coordinate free 'safety training weekends' 2-3 times a year. Brief admin (you can all legally possess a firearm, right?) and safety intro, and then straight to one-on-one instruction with good ambassadors on the range. Invite every news channel in the area (with the caveat that they have to participate/shoot). Invite the local LEO's. Have a BBQ. And we need those with the social media skills to off-set the MSM while we still can.

Imagine if at the end of the year, there's were another 250,000 'undecideds' that said, "You know, I went down to that free training, and they were all super nice and professional. There were some really nice guys and ladies...we went out on the range, started with .22's and worked our way up to 9mm's and even one of those AR's. It's was actually really fun! Look at my target! They certainly weren't like what they show on TV.'

My $.02 worth.

BOSS

This was already reviewed many years ago we did a study ourselves and found a few huge issue.

1. Gun owners are stupid, no easy way to say it we are convinced that rallies are the way.
all rallies in the western states had nothing to do with the opposition at all or how they fight.
2. No one ever has had success with a rally, its called a protest not a rally if you want success.
3. Fundamental difference rallies speak to like minded only, protests speak to all people as I said see number one.

Near 90% of all rallies and protest are on weekend shooting down the idea all gun owners work.
Every rally in Oregon with few exceptions was on the weekend.
Referring to number one, gun owners love firearms but are clueless to how to defend that right.
And there is the problem, no leadership or understanding.

Fact : Gun owners defend their rights.
Fact : Anti-gunners tell us no.
That equation is easy enough to stop us cold, why?

Because the NRA and all other lobbies tell us we must Defend our rights.
Let me tell you clearly liberals and antis don't defend their rights they straight out
tell you NO this is how we stand period, not waving a flag on the Capital steps, ya sure that
i'll tell them. ( sarcasm alert)

Slogans that mean nothing OFF's no compromise, OK's not on my watch.
Give me a freaken break. OFF the NRA and OK are a few that do not stand behind their slogans
yet they rally us all up to believe otherwise. So I call B.S.
As laws did pass on your watch OK, you did compromise OFF.

You know why BLM has a voice out of no where, and no it not finances, because even with that they protest loudly. Gun owners, show up to a rally wave their flags and watch Elvis tell us how great America is.( those that remember that one gees).

I love my country and my right to have an keep firearms.
But I am overwhelmed when I look at all these forums, groups, lobbies and we are clueless on how to simply fight for our rights.
If our kids were being taken by a stranger we would take them down with no compromises, if our homes were being broken into we would stop that on our watch. Want to take my gun, let me grab my Cold Dead Hands tshirt and American flag and we will see you on the steps of the capital ???? Really thats how we see as a acceptable responses year after year?

I am embarrassed as a firearms owner to see dismal pathetic leadership in these states.
I have said it before if we are not willing to be uncomfortable in defending our 2nd Amendment right,
well maybe we don't deserve that right.

Ya know, I often see you make these kinds of statements (seemingly) implying you were at one time a part of some think-tank or research group, and make generalizations about how clueless the gun owner demographic is and how corrupt and ineffectual the "Alphabet Lobby Groups" are, and how gun owners need to get "uncomfortable".... yet never spell out what that actually means.

Respectfully, it's not that I believe what you're saying isn't true (because you're stating the relatively obvious), but I've yet to see it "brought home" with a specific proposal for action towards a solution.

Your style of writing syntax also reminds me of a former member here that went by the name, "Salted Weapon". Ever hear of him?

I would also say communication/technology is also an issue.

There was a guy that was standing in front of the local Fred Meyer one day for a few hours a little while ago with signs supporting gun rights while open carrying. He was on the front page of the local paper.

If it was a protest, even if only one showed up they would have instagrammed it, texted their friends (who, yes, don't work so they can show up anywhere at the drop of a hat) and gotten the word out, so that within 1/2 an hour there would have been a crowd.

We on the other hand still have a flip phone, because we don't care about having the latest and greatest phone and use the money we aren't spending on smart phones to take care of the family. We got a cell because we needed it for safety where we lived. We will upgrade to a smart phone soon as it seems like it is now becoming a need.

Also @DuneHopper I have a really hard time listening to "data" from a study that isn't named and I can't look at myself. Please at least give the name, so I can google it. Then I can go stats teacher on the data. :D

Last Edited:
What is interesting is that the kids who walked out in places like Chicago and Philly had very different demands than the whiter, more affluent protestors. The Chicago students were all over anti-gunner mayor Rahm Emmanuel for closing their schools and cutting school funding, while spending 95 million on a new cop shop. They also pointed out that youth of color were more likely to pay the price of increased gun laws. There's nothing that says the 2A movement couldn't give some support and understanding to minority and working class kids who are asking for jobs programs, drug recovery programs, domestic violence help, help with school and college. Nothing, except a reflexive right wing support for policies that have nothing to do with the second amendment. That and plain old racism, which everyone will now scream is not the case, although you know it is.

I would also say communication/technology is also an issue.

There was a guy that was standing in front of the local Fred Meyer one day for a few hours a little while ago with signs supporting gun rights while open carrying. He was on the front page of the local paper.

If it was a protest, even if only one showed up they would have instagrammed it, texted their friends (who, yes, don't work so they can show up anywhere at the drop of a hat) and gotten the word out, so that within 1/2 an hour there would have been a crowd.

We on the other hand still have a flip phone, because we don't care about having the latest and greatest phone and use the money we aren't spending on smart phones to take care of the family. We got a cell because we needed it for safety where we lived. We will upgrade to a smart phone soon as it seems like it is now becoming a need.

Also @DuneHopper I have a really hard time listening to "data" from a study that isn't named and I can't look at myself. Please at least give the name, so I can google it. Then I can go stats teacher on the data. :D

Id just ignore the study and the source as revealing its source would not protect the anonymity of the source.
Its just a post in a forum so feel free to ignore it as I get it I like sources too but can't reveal this one.
I should have retracted it after I realized that was a bad idea knowing from where the source came from.
So please disregard it........thanks.

Id just ignore the study and the source as revealing its source would not protect the anonymity of the source.
Its just a post in a forum so feel free to ignore it as I get it I like sources too but can't reveal this one.
I should have retracted it after I realized that was a bad idea knowing from where the source came from.
So please disregard it........thanks.

So in other words, the source and data is baloney. That is why I always look for and ask for the source. Thanks for the non-info.

So in other words, the source and data is baloney. That is why I always look for and ask for the source. Thanks for the non-info.

I knew I liked you for a reason.

Please let me duck for the posts about me being a moderator. While I put on my flame proof suit made of nothing. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top