JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is the real question. Obviously we are losing the cultural war. The question is why? Why can't we organize a rally that big for example? Emails and those stupid # political reports# in the NRA magazines don't work. Let's discuss.

We don't have enough people. The people we do have have jobs and families and responsibilities. A lot of us are afraid to go out and make public are involved with guns. I know that my workmates would certainly not be happy to know how much I enjoy shooting. Or my politics

Can you imagine 400 of us in DT Portland with open or concealed guns....

They would call it an uprising or something similarly insane and start shooting at us:confused:.

I'm with the others, I have 2 days off and they are normally filled with chores to be ready for the next week.

Here is the real question. Obviously we are losing the cultural war. The question is why? Why can't we organize a rally that big for example? Emails and those stupid # political reports# in the NRA magazines don't work. Let's discuss.

We need to get everybody to vote this down and anyone that supports this garbage out of office
I have met firearms owners in their mid 30's that have never voted.

The people we do have have jobs and families and responsibilities.

I strongly suspect that large factor in all of this. Many of us responsible gun owners have families to care for, jobs that involve long hours, and all the other the matters of life to attend to. Meanwhile, people in the capitol buildings dream up the latest nonsense to inflict upon us and some march in the streets to support their latest folly.

Sadly its because we all work for a living. Its not that we don't care, its just that many of us have families or careers that hinder the ability to drive all the way to our capitol or downtown. Mostly the jobless and young attend those massive bigot rallies the left seems to love.

Another reason many don't attend is because we're more reserved and logic minded. We write our representatives, we call and we donate.

Id meet locally for a rally though.
Beaverton, Aloha, Hillsboro, Forest Grove

Downtown, not so much.
Poor costly parking, not a good envoroment to OC or even bring pro 2A signs, high probablility of antifa or anti gun hippies attacking civil pro 2A protesters in the hopes of getting one of us on camera defending ourselves.. which in turn makes us look bad, regardless of the situation.

Sure. Do we have similar funding? You know Soros and Bloomberg funded Everytown and Actblue and the Women's march lead organizer plus Clooney and the other celebrities that contributed to the "spontaneous student march".

We just need 2 billionaires, several millionaires and several political organizations that are adept at vast political manipulation and control of the media to organize our Million Gun march. The media will claim it spontaneous and gun owner run and we'll be center of the news for weeks.

Or.... we would ask non-billionaire friends at the NRA to help us organize and they would trip over their own bureaucracy figuring out how to pay themselves and then the republicans would blacklist anyone who wanted to help us and the media would start calling us fringe militia groups and no one would come out because they have jobs and family to support.

Sure. Do we have similar funding? You know Soros and Bloomberg funded Everytown and Actblue and the Women's march lead organizer plus Clooney and the other celebrities that contributed to the "spontaneous student march".

We just need 2 billionaires, several millionaires and several political organizations that are adept at vast political manipulation and control of the media to organize our Million Gun march. The media will claim it spontaneous and gun owner run and we'll be center of the news for weeks.

Or.... we would ask non-billionaire friends at the NRA to help us organize and they would trip over their own bureaucracy figuring out how to pay themselves and then the republicans would blacklist anyone who wanted to help us and the media would start calling us fringe militia groups and no one would come out because they have jobs and family to support.
^And all that too. :D

It hurts me to say this but here goes....
....because if we did there would be so many showing up and being interviewed wearing their "mall-ninja", "camo/battle/tomb raider/shtf" rigs, that we would become our own worst enemy.

I don't think we're capable of holding a pro2nd parade/protest because we can't allow our extreme supporters out to play.....
.....whereas, the Anti's can.

The Media will scan THEIR loony protesters and interview their leaders.
but
The Media will scan our leaders and interview our loony protesters.

Last Edited:
Like others have pointed out, most on our side have jobs and duties to family first, a 40+ hour a week job, and weekends to get done what didn't get done during the week. Then, having to be some place extremely hostile like Portland or Salem, is asking for a serious police intervention on behalf of the protected snowflakes and sheeple who are super scared of guns and those of us who own them! Silly, but that's how it works! No point any way, even if we could all manage to get something going, were so fragmented and leaderless it's all for naught!

Sadly its because we all work for a living. Its not that we don't care, its just that many of us have families or careers that hinder the ability to drive all the way to our capitol or downtown. Mostly the jobless and young attend those massive bigot rallies the left seems to love.

Another reason many don't attend is because we're more reserved and logic minded. We write our representatives, we call and we donate.

Id meet locally for a rally though.
Beaverton, Aloha, Hillsboro, Forest Grove

Downtown, not so much.
Poor costly parking, not a good envoroment to OC or even bring pro 2A signs, high probablility of antifa or anti gun hippies attacking civil pro 2A protesters in the hopes of getting one of us on camera defending ourselves.. which in turn makes us look bad, regardless of the situation.

They get into people' face . And lie about what happened with fake witnesses with full support of the media and leftist government . The person the anti target is more than likely totally screwed unless he is very wealthy.

That, and it is not bad enough yet for gun owners.

We have the upper hand because, currently, the laws favor us. As soon as that changes, I could see more rallies. If this proposed AWB becomes the law of the land, there will be protests.

I don't think people on our side are particularly influenced by things like rallies and marches. And when we do come together for such things, the media finds ways to distort our message and make us look like fools. Not to mention that without some kind of good, strong, central leader to pull a message together, we end up with the cluster f&@k rallies like the one in Salem a few years back with fat Elvis, open carriers acting like fools and no good sense of organization. Does that help or hurt our side? I certainly don't think it helps.

Leave the rallies and marches to the leftists - they're far better at it than we are. Our best hope is to win folks to our side, one at a time, face to face. Take folks shooting. Get away from emotional arguments and make reasonable and well-reasoned arguments that present facts and can actually sway those in the middle. Help folks see we're not the demons we're made out to be, so that when they do see those big anti-gun rallies, they know it's false advertising.

And, as others have said, I've got a career and family to take care of. I don't have the kind of excess time on my hand that many of these folks seem to have. I'd much rather use one on one tactics than be some poster boy for the MSM to exploit.

I don't think people on our side are particularly influenced by things like rallies and marches.
We have never had to rally or march because historically 'We' have never had our rights challenged before. In 200 + years of the American 'system' (and all that goes with it - including a large 'gun culture') it has only been in the last 20 or less (actually much less) these rights have been challenged. 'We' started out with our rights in place and didn't need to 'fight' for them. The left is simply catching up in a big way but I don't entirely believe they are convincing many with their words and actions.

Last Edited:
Let's redefine the narrative. We all know there will be activists out there soon to gather signatures to "ban" this or that. If we draft a clear and well written ballot measure of our own we can fight them on their own turf.
Let's seize the Gun safety argument to ENFORCE EXISTING LAWS, not restrict lawful gun owners. Push a "Measure 11" type law that prohibits Judges and prosecutors from ignoring or pleading down felonies committed while in possession of a firearm. ( How many news articles about robberies/shootings/assaults in Portland have you read about where the person arrested had been charged with "Felon in possession"? Same with Gang members arrested, detained? Enforce penalties for felons and illegals attempting to purchase firearms. It's all in the title, "Save our children and communities from gun crime". Who could be against that?
We need to drive home the fact that it is not law abiding gun owners committing crimes it is being done by CRIMINALS!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top