JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How dare you accuse me of that. I have been busting my butt trying to change peoples minds on this issue. You don't know me. Excuse me for trying to do what I think is right. Besides, whats important is I have enlightened people on the issue, if they want to donate or not really doesnt matter to me more them how they view this issue. Cant understand even if you regect donations why you would want to negate the message I am trying to get through to people, which really is not about donations.

Its not an attack on you, but for me its so very easy if one steps back to see the real picture and I have.
I can not help or be responsible for people that will fail to see the truth, but been doing it my whole life.
You do what is right brother welcome to America land of choices, but truth is Donations to NRA and OFF wont change anything based on the fact they don't and never have not in this state.

It amounts to the same as trying to fill up a gas tank with a leak in it.
You can keep filling the tank but unless you fix the hole, you wont get far hence the truth about Lobbyist.
I'm not going to preach on this I try not to, but find it hard when anyone says throw money into a leaky tank when they are not willing to plug the hole first.

If I was a betting man id be telling people to buy ammo not memberships.
Memberships wont preserve my rights, ammo will :)

With all due respect, if you can't spend one weekend or take a day off protecting your constitutional rights, you don't deserve them

Every time I see comments like this I have to wonder - what proof do you or anyone else have that a rally/protest will change anything? Because there have been plenty of rallies before - I've attended several, even taken time off work to do it - and you know what changed? Nothing.

But to claim people don't deserve their rights because they won't go to rally? That's just ridiculous. There are people that are doing other things to fight for those rights, things that, I think, have more impact than some rally the politicians will ignore and the MSM will twist to something negative.

I just don't see how comments like that are in any way helpful. One thing is for sure though - insult people like that and the last thing you'll do is convince them to show up at a rally.

If folks really believe in the rally's effectiveness, then make a good, solid case that they'll actually do something to affect change, something to actually help stop the assault on our rights. If that case can't be made, then why should people take their time to rally just so some folks can feel better about themselves?

If I knew a rally was very well organized, with good, solid speakers, with a solid message and there could be some evidence it would actually change people's minds, I would consider it. But honestly, they seem more like a waste of time. Feel free to prove me wrong.

I wish @etrain was 100% wrong. But he isn't.

Whether one agrees politically with the Antis (and I don't ) They know how gather support and you will not find them standing on the steps in Salem listening to Elvis speak to a group of men and women in camo, and open rifles and sidearms. I think that was the last huge Rally in Salem as that was around the same time fools decided to open carry in the Oregon Capital and clear their rifles in the building. This is why Rallys don't work organizers are out of touch with what needs doing. That whole picture that year made gun owners look like a bunch of clowns. And I am a gun owner and I could not take anything said serious there.

Facts :
If Donating to OFF and the NRA stopped legislation from passing I would support them.
If Showing up in Camo to a rally worked I would support them.

In this forum I put the screws to Lobbys sometimes I am aware of that, but everytime I ask people what do they expect to happen sending money to Lobbys there is never and answer. Everytime I type Rallys don't work and why. No one ever answers to prove any of this wrong. No one is saying lobbys don't have passion or work hard and so do organizers for Rallys. But there is no success to those actions.

There has to come a time when we realize what we are doing is not working and stop , stop , stop
doing the same things that didn't work. Its like sticking your hand in a campfire, it burns you so you do again
another 20-30 times thinking it wont burn you each time.

Most people are good and honest, and most gun owners are good hard working men and women.
We owe it to ourselves to preserve these rights for the future and that is not done by giving false hope and repeating over and over the same mistakes that result in lost rights.

:s0054: Geees how hard can it be to step back and go er duh this don't work no more.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top