JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So it took a week, but I got a proceed to get my new Bren 805 rifle. The FFL called and told me I could pick it up. But when I got there, they told me I actually couldn't have it until the 15th. Why? Is there a mandatory wait I'm unaware of? If my background check came back good, what am I waiting for?

You can thank your fellow residents for that. You guys voted it in and the firearms community was largely a no show.

Trying hard not to be a jerk here man, but as not only a gun owner, but someone on a forum also buying a pretty nice rifle, how in the hell were you not aware of the restrictions in 1639? Did you vote against it? Did you tell all your friends and family to vote against it?

Of course I voted against it. I told my coworkers and family to vote against it. Of course I'd say the vast majority of my coworkers didn't vote at all. They couldn't be bothered apparently. The 10 business day thing must have slipped my mind. My FFL told me it might take up to 3 weeks, so when I got the call a week later I figured I was good.

So it took a week, but I got a proceed to get my new Bren 805 rifle. The FFL called and told me I could pick it up. But when I got there, they told me I actually couldn't have it until the 15th. Why? Is there a mandatory wait I'm unaware of? If my background check came back good, what am I waiting for?
Gen 1 or 2?

I'm curious how in the hell they think that this is doing anything to "save lives." Show me with any certainty how making someone wait 10 days, who probably already owns guns, does anything to save lives! Background check passed? Then what more are they looking for?

I'm curious how in the hell they think that this is doing anything to "save lives." Show me with any certainty how making someone wait 10 days, who probably already owns guns, does anything to save lives! Background check passed? Then what more are they looking for?

You seem agitated, SIRI might call in an ERPO...

You seem agitated, SIRI might call in an ERPO...
It's funny you say that because the most agitated group of people I've seen are the anti-gunners. Literally unhinged. I mean they SAY they don't have guns but ...can we really be sure? :rolleyes:

Sorry about thread hijack. Carry on.

Of course I voted against it. I told my coworkers and family to vote against it. Of course I'd say the vast majority of my coworkers didn't vote at all. They couldn't be bothered apparently. The 10 business day thing must have slipped my mind. My FFL told me it might take up to 3 weeks, so when I got the call a week later I figured I was good.
Very well good sir. Sorry for jumping down your throat!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top