Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WholeSale Sports sold to old owners

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by CascadeSam, Feb 20, 2013.

1. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

WholeSale Sports was purchased by the company that used to own them called I believe Sportsmens ______ (something). It happened a few days ago. The staff seems very happy about the management and organization change. They said selection and inventory would improve. In celebration, I ordered a Savage MK II FSS bot-action 22LR. The version they have at WS Sports is different from the standard model in that includes fiber optic front and fiber optic rear sites.

slind and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

so,Sportsmans' warehous will once again really be sportsmans' warehouse. I nver stopped calling it that, lol

3. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

Me either. LOL

4. Mrand55

Mrand55 Salem Member

Literally within the last probably 3 or 4 months did I actually start calling it by its new name. Only took a few years to get used to the new name then they go back. Hey I'll call it even if they their ammo selection and prices improve! Kind of doubt that will happen but I can hope

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  5. hookmiester

hookmiester Eastern Polk Co Member

I never stopped calling it Sportys because thats what the wife knew it as. Didnt want to confuse her and have her go somewhere else.

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I still call it Sportys too.

7. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

Personally, I thought things improved when Wholesale Sports (the Canadian company) took control. There was no shortage of ARs in stock with the Wholesales I visited compared to the Sportsman Warehouse's I visited, which seemed more geared towards hunters versus tac. My last AR I got was at Wholesale for a great price. I remember the prices being higher at Sportsman's Warehouse as well.

Anyhow, I am not celebrating. :(

8. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

I'm glad sportsman's warehouse is coming back. I never called it wholesale sports. I even have a couple pens around the house that came from sportsman's warehouse.

9. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

10. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I did what I could.

11. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

Me either, from the sounds of it, they're going to close the location in Spokane. Which sucks.

12. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Great!
    The company that mismanaged it into bankruptcy owns it again.

I wonder how long it will take this time?

PBinWA, mancat, mjbskwim and 3 others like this.
  13. CascadeSam

The deal was just inked a few days ago. I don't know if it is all or some of the stores. It is going to take a little time to re-structure their internal systems and physically have signs made to place on their stores. My source was the employees at the WS Sports store on 82nd Avenue just south of Johnson Creek.

BTW, if anyone likes really good Mexican food across the street in the parking lot area near Home Depot is a restaurant called Bajio Mexican Grill. Two thumbs up.
    Bajio Mexican Grill - Southeast Portland - Happy Valley, OR

14. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I wonder if this includes the Lacey, WA branch? Not that they ever have anything reloading related in stock when I need it, but I suppose that's a universal issue now and for the foreseeable future

We don't have any good Mex restaurants here locally since Melaque closed, years ago

15. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

uh.. I didnt even realize they were still in around? Looked on the website they still have a store in Washington.. And I guess when I stopped in at the Anchorage AK store I had just assumed I was at a wholesale sports location..
    Guess wait and see what stores are changing back again.

16. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

:funnypoint:

Just what I was thinking

17. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

Hope they bring back the free pens :) Either way the store goes I am simply happy to know it is staying open. I was a little worried as their shelves cleared out over the last few months.

18. CascadeSam

What they need to do is bring back the Hog Wild BBQ food cart that was located in the Wholesale Sports parking lot on the north side of the building. Hog Wild BBQ used to have some of the best pulled pork in the area. Since then, Hog Wild moved across the street, opened a brick and mortar restaurant, hiked up their prices, and went downhill with their food. Obviously they bit off more than they could chew.

Bigfoot and (deleted member) like this.
  19. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

now all we need is gi joes to re open in full capacity circa 1997

20. jakk586

jakk586 Astoria, Or Active Member

I too never stopped calling it Sportsmens Warehouse. I never did stop calling Rite Aid Payless either.

mcneal9926 and (deleted member) like this.