JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For all who wonder, the transition is taking place March 10. And sportsmans is not ran by the same guy that it previously was. I don't recall which locations were changing exactly, but for sure its the Portland Salem store and I believe Vancouver as well.

One of the guys at the firearms counter in the Portland store said he was happy because Sportsman's has a better distribution system with inventory tracking. That way they'll actually be able to look at what's inbound, arrival dates, what's available in the other stores, etc., whereas now that's not the case.

now all we need is gi joes to re open in full capacity circa 1997
G I Joes in the late 60's to early 80's could not be beat. The stores in North Portland had government surplus up the A**, a cornucopia automotive parts that you can only dream of today, fishing and hunting gear that nowadays would be the Holy Grail. It was the only place I shopped for these items for years. In the late 80's-early 90's they lost their way that made them successful like a lot of other American businesses and went under.

Stopped by the stored at 82nd and JCB today. All the time Wholesale Sports gear was 50% off. Asked a lady at the register if they were going back to Sportsmans and she was happy to say yes! In hindsight I think they may have knew before as last week one of the fellas at the gun counter was telling me they were going back to their old computer system with better inventory tracking. Didn't think much of it but it makes sense now.

G I Joes in the late 60's to early 80's could not be beat. The stores in North Portland had government surplus up the A**, a cornucopia automotive parts that you can only dream of today, fishing and hunting gear that nowadays would be the Holy Grail. It was the only place I shopped for these items for years. In the late 80's-early 90's they lost their way that made them successful like a lot of other American businesses and went under.

That!! That would be awesome! I do miss those stores for sure.

When the old Sportsmans Warehouse closed, they sold off some of their employee shirts. I got several. Anyone think that I could manage to sneek behind the counter to get a closer look? LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Just stopped in at the Bend WS and their Wholesale Sports branded stuff just went to %75 off today. Good deals on some socks and Lamiglass fishing rods if you fish...

uh.. I didnt even realize they were still in around? Looked on the website they still have a store in Washington.. And I guess when I stopped in at the Anchorage AK store I had just assumed I was at a wholesale sports location..
Guess wait and see what stores are changing back again.

I think the only one still in Oregon was down in Medford. I couldn't tell the difference between that store and the Wholesale Sports in Salem besides the signs on the outside.

If you can't stay profitable with all of the gun and ammo buying these days...then you deserve to go away. I'll give Sportman's Warehouse another chance though.

The one in Meridian, ID was the bomb, though. My favorite sporting goods store of all time. Never any out of stock or other issues that I recall.

I miss those days. A year ago the original owners indicated that they were going to attempt to reopen under the old model. I haven't heard anything more about it since. I suspect until I can get than *&^$ time machine I've been building to work it will have to remain a memory.

One of the guys at the firearms counter in the Portland store said he was happy because Sportsman's has a better distribution system with inventory tracking. That way they'll actually be able to look at what's inbound, arrival dates, what's available in the other stores, etc., whereas now that's not the case.

All three of those things were possible with WSS. The change is coming from their distribution. There was no central warehouse for WSS. Sportsman's has one in utah. so every week a truck comes with everything you sold 2 weeks ago plus more..... WSS would sell their stock and then wait and wait and wait for a new shipment, into the months waiting period... it is truwe that stocks will be much more stable! so good news I guess.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top