JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, for you folks who don't know this store, GET TO KNOW IT!

I had never heard of it before tonight. I went to do a FTF with a local detective about 30 miles away. He suggested meeting in their parking lot. Afterwards, I went in to get some small items, and I was blown away. There are only 10 stores around the PNW so I had not ever seen one before.

When it comes to firearms supplies, fishing and general outdoor/camping etc. supplies, this outfit makes Cabela's look like Tiffany's. They have AISLES full of bullets and powder. 15 linear wall feet of SINKERS. The firearms selection is not so hot, but for accessories I have never seen anything like it. Aisles of reloading gear. About three aisles of camp cooking gear. Holy cow.

It is Canadian based and there are three stores in OR and seven around WA, others in ID and MT. Prices were fair - not dirt cheap, but not overpriced, either. Here's their store locations and I recommend checking one out when you are passing nearby:

<broken link removed>

The only Seattle area one is in Federal way (just off I-5), but they are all over the state and in Bend, Portland and Salem. Apparently I was the last guy in the metro area to find out about this place.

For those that don't know, this is the company that bought out Sportsmans. Even after the sale, the aisles were embarrassingly stark in Portland. Anyone been back recently?

err.... Sportsmans's warehouse......

Sign out front was "Wholesale Sports..."

Maybe your OR stores are slowly being converted or something. No primers, but large selection of bullets, about 30 or 40 different powders, from IMR, Hodgdon, etc. (no Winchester I noted). This store was definitely NOT "sparsely" stocked.

Maybe your OR stores are slowly being converted or something. No primers, but large selection of bullets, about 30 or 40 different powders, from IMR, Hodgdon, etc. (no Winchester I noted). This store was definitely NOT "sparsely" stocked.

They used to be called Sportsman's Warehouse until they went tits up late last year. The Canadian company bought all of the Pac NW locations and changed the name to Warehouse Sports. That's why you hadn't heard of them before.

While Sportsman's Warehouse was going through their bankruptcy and while Warehouse Sports was getting ramped up, the aisles were mostly bare and they just recently have they had anything worth visiting for. Good to hear that they finally have something on the shelves besides shotgun shells.

I inderstand the Sportsman's Warehouse in Medford area was not bought out by the Canadian Corp in the changeover... and that they still honour the gift cards there. Or, you can order online and use the code number on the care. I've not tried it (I've a $25 card from SW) but that's the story I've gotten from them directly.

I've been in to the WHolsale Sports location in Lacey (near Cabelas) about a month plus back, they had a lot more on the shelves than they did during the switchover, but still nowhere what they had last Feb or March......... before the "troubles". VERY sparse on ammo, little powder, some reloading machinery.... Cabelas had about ten times that on the shelves. Maybe I'll have to get up for a tramp through the Federal Way store soon..... ammo, ON THE SHELVES???!!!?? What a concept.

I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Medford yesterday. While there I picked up a copy of their in-house flyer. It shows that they have NO stores in Washington, ONE in Oregon and THREE in Idaho. Altogether they have 26 stores around America.

If it's like the one here in Salem OR, there are 30-40 powder jugs (empty)
on top of the shelf. When you go and ask what they actually HAVE in
back, it's a very short list---maybe 4 or 5 powders.

The ammo supply is getting MUCH better. They had a fair amount of 223
and 22 LR the last time I was there. Also the "wall of pistols" is starting
to fill up a bit, but so far the primer situation still sucks.

I stopped by the one in Salem this past weekend, looking for self defense ammo, and came away empty-handed; they had virtually nothing on the shelf in the way of handgun rounds, either FMJ or hollow-points. The selection of hunting rounds was decent. The handgun selection was about half of what it was when the previous owners ran the business, but that might just be because folks are buying more here than they were when it was Sportsman's? I asked the guy behind the counter if he had any news about the Walther PK380 and got a blank stare, which was not encouraging.

A new Dick's is opening down the street in Salem this month, so perhaps that will provide another spot to find some ammo of any stripe.

IN the recent past,the powder jugs were not indicitive of actually having the powders on hand behind the counter.Hopefully this has changed.
have not seen a primer there in months. :( Nor bricks of .22's. :( :(
the vancouver one has been heavily re-tocked with almost everything,very full store in gneral compared to 6 months ago.
The Bimart store is just East of them,and they have beeen getting some primers in,so has Brightwater Ventures gun store which is a block north of the Bimart.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top