JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I asked the clerk in Salems W.S. why they don't communicate their existence or sales via ads in the paper, etc...he didn't know.
W/ all the competition now (esp Salem) for sporting goods, its frustrating seeing a place like this just fall apart. I guess the Canadian mgmt are all out hunting moose or something.

I asked the clerk in Salems W.S. why they don't communicate their existence or sales via ads in the paper, etc...he didn't know.
W/ all the competition now (esp Salem) for sporting goods, its frustrating seeing a place like this just fall apart. I guess the Canadian mgmt are all out hunting moose or something.

People really screw up by not advertising....they spend all their funds to build and stock stores and they do not get the word out :(.
Welcome to the old economy of build it and they will find you. That worked when it was the local store in your neighborhood, with the Internet who needs the arrogance.

That store can eat a fat one. My wife bought me a gift card and a week later they wouldn't honor it once they were bought out. :angry:

why should they? The company was bought out, the new owners are not in any way legally obligated to honor gift cards purchased from the old company.

Yes, you got burned, but not by the new owners, the old owners took the money and ran.

Our Kennewick, WA. store isn't too good.
They do stock a better selection of cleaning supplies than anyone else local.
There are 2 guy's that know what they are doing.
But a third one I ran into is dumber than a stump and, about as ambitious!

My BIGGEST bubblegum is, "When I have to wait for a line of people buying Fishing and Hunting License's to pay for my purchases.
Why can't a clerk be assigned just for that purpose?
I waited to buy the wrong case, waited to return it, then left after standing 'in-line (again) to pay for the correct case.
I finally said 'Screw this', dropped the case on the empty check-out counter and went to BIG 5 and got what I wanted.
I won't darken their door unless I have to, ever again!

Rest assured I bubblegum about this, and in Wednesdays paper, there is the first ever W.S. ad!! I nearly fell off the couch, and now my belly is full having to eat crow!

I have visited the Salem store. No primers, ever, except .50 BMG. Didn't even have .30 cal bore brushes. Looks to me as if they bought out the existing inventory and are just trying to flog that stuff with as little restocking investment as possible.

Somehow I just found this store today in Clackamas. I never even knew it existed. It's the most wonderful thing that's happened to me in a long itme.

The Bend WS has powder, primers, bullets and plenty on hand. It was slim pickin's a year ago but that was due to credit issues with the major suppliers but now plenty of stock and lots of choices.

I have been to the one in Vancouver, WA and found their gun prices and ammo prices WAY too high! I can buy a 200 round bulk pack of UMC .223 ammo at Bi-Mart for $89.98 and Wholesale Sports wants $119.00 for the same ammo.:D

I stopped into the one in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho last weekend and they were fully stocked, even .22 ammo. Of course the prices are above what the old Sportsman's Warehouse stores were but that's to be expected with inflation and all. Their pricing was on par with all the other sporting goods stores in the area and weren't overpriced.

What is an even bigger ripoff is the shipping rates the on line companies charge! Buy local & keep your neighbor employed so you don't have to pay for him to be unemployed.

Why did we feel the need to post on a 2+ year old thread?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top