JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It goes to show, those who debate 9mm vs. .40 vs. 45 and circle jerk for pages and pages on the forums. At the end of the day practice practice practice and shot placement are more important.

It goes to show, those who debate 9mm vs. .40 vs. 45 and circle jerk for pages and pages on the forums. At the end of the day practice practice practice and shot placement are more important.

Jmho~

The above quote is 100% true.

People get so emotional about what caliber is best, when they should be practicing more.

There are only 2 ways to instantly stop a threat/badguy(s). Hit's to the brain or upper spine.

Any other shot placement is just putting holes in the badguy and waiting for blood loss to stop them.

A centerfire rifle or shotgun(00/000 or slugs) is a much better at stopping a threat, than a handgun.

Ask Robert Kennedy, Thomas Delahanty, and Jim Brady about the effectiveness of a .22LR.

For myself, I prefer tactical nuclear weapons. They can be hard to conceal, but they have pretty decent knock-down power. When they hit the brain or upper spine, I mean. For concealed carry, I like the .50 BMG pocket pistol. But I always carry an M2-2 flamethrower in an ankle holster as my BUG in case the bad guy is too high or too motivated to be stopped by the .50 BMG.

Jmho~

The above quote is 100% true.

People get so emotional about what caliber is best, when they should be practicing more.

There are only 2 ways to instantly stop a threat/badguy(s). Hit's to the brain or upper spine.

Any other shot placement is just putting holes in the badguy and waiting for blood loss to stop them.

How does the opposite play ? A nicely placed pellet from an air rifle should stop the threat just as good as the .45 ?

A centerfire rifle or shotgun(00/000 or slugs) is a much better at stopping a threat, than a handgun.

See, now you're getting somewhere....

and that is what a 22 is for - eliminating invasive species from one's residence. I'm guessing that less people will be inclined to break in to old Earl's place from now on.
On second thought they swiped the body from the scene just like the Vietcong - wonder if they meant to hit Earl's neighbor who served in Vietnam.... Either way that's one less waste of tax dollars to house more of the proven felony stupid!

My favorite part of the story:

Jones didn't like how deputies treated him.

"They stood down there with their guns on me, yelling, 'Get your hands up! Get your hands up!' " he said. "I told them, 'I'm not putting my damn hands up.' "

I seem to recall seeing a news article some months ago about a gal working at a hotel that killed a robber with three shots from her .22 pistol.

I don't care how small that bullet is, I would not ever want to get shot with a .22.

So if I knew a bad guy / intruder was packing a .22 lr would I be less afraid or act differently in my defensive practice? I personally would be as fearful and carful in how I handled the situation as if he were carrying a .44mag. Maybe more so as the .22 would be much easier for the intruder to control. Different perspective if you reverse the situation and imagine being assaulted with a .22lr.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top