JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We dropped ours at the Ballot Drop Box located closest to us in Snohomish county a couple of weeks ago. No more risk of these getting lost/displaced than in the mail, and I'm probably one of the few that prefers USPS to other carriers/shippers in the world.

I think the last time I had the option to use a voting booth was when I still lived in King County and voting in Bellevue was at the community center two blocks from my condo. Sappy or no, it always felt more meaningful. The little curtain, popping the chads with the pin. You actually were physically making an effort to be heard. Mailing it in/phoning it in feels more detached to me.

Finally completed and dropped mine off Monday night knowing that today (11-06-2012) would be zoo-like at the collection point on the commute to/from work. Even after 9pm on pre-election night, I counted 7-8 cars in the line, which moved really fast.

I fire up my V8 4x4 truck every week or two if I've not driven it for awhile, which I did last night. A distinct counterpoint to all the hybrids I saw coming and going.

I already knew who I would be voting for in the Local and National Elections so last night I went over the Ballot Measures one last time and then completed my Ballot. I will participate on the way home from work today.

Just a personal side note about the elections and voting. I have a small crew of youngsters working for me, each one 25 years old or younger. All of them are very opinionated about a variety of topics. The young men tend to focus on gun rights and the military/foreign policy; the young ladies are much more vocal about social issues, such as gay marriage. None of them have any problem getting vocally engaged in their topic of choice. The problem I have is that I found out this morning that not a one of them will be voting.

From now on when one of them decides to voice their opinion about the political or legal topic of the day, I think I will politely tell them to shut the h*ll up.

I already knew who I would be voting for in the Local and National Elections so last night I went over the Ballot Measures one last time and then completed my Ballot. I will participate on the way home from work today.

Just a personal side note about the elections and voting. I have a small crew of youngsters working for me, each one 25 years old or younger. All of them are very opinionated about a variety of topics. The young men tend to focus on gun rights and the military/foreign policy; the young ladies are much more vocal about social issues, such as gay marriage. None of them have any problem getting vocally engaged in their topic of choice. The problem I have is that I found out this morning that not a one of them will be voting.

From now on when one of them decides to voice their opinion about the political or legal topic of the day, I think I will politely tell them to shut the h*ll up.

Why aren't they voting?

If you don't you don't have any right to complain.

....so mid day yesterday (Monday) I decided to drive my families completed ballots over to the Marion County elections office and personally deliver them. This location is on commercial street.

I was shocked. I approached the office from the south, heading north. The turn lane was 25 vehicles deep for the left turn. Traffic coming from the north that was heading south was backed up in the right turn lane for 2 miles.

They are not having people in the parking lot with ballot drop boxes. You are required to personally park, go into the building, drop and dash back out to your rig and leave quickly.

If you are waiting to drop your ballot of personally, expect a serious wait today. The line is astronomical.

BUT WORTH IT. JUST VOTE. LEAVE EARLY.

If you don't you don't have any right to complain.

Actually, if you value the Constitution and in particular the 1st Amendment, they have EVERY right to complain. Perhaps I'm getting soft in my old age but I do not need to validate myself by thinking I'm better than them for casting a vote for the Evil of two lesser.

Regardless the driver, he will pick up your reigns and stay the course; just as the one before him and the one before him. It matters not that you know the road leads to certain demise. You have no more say in the direction than the driver. That is for the people in the carriage to decide. Maybe he will remember what you've done for him and spare you the whip. Follow the commands, run hard and true, and you will dine on carrots tonight. The old road is paved with men who tried to change direction before the fall.

Dropped in the drop off box today. No line, but then again my town only has about 20k residents. Waiting for multnomah and lane county to decide for us simple folk what the results this time will be. :s0054:

Various lame excuses -

I don't have time to educate myself in order to make an informed decision, so I just won't vote.
I forgot.
The election is today?
Lost my ballot.

Our future is in good hands, huh?

I would fire the whole damn lot. Wow. Just... wow. I'd have had a fit if someone told me any of those excuses.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top