JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,

Contacting those supporting/sponsoring this latest avalanche gun control legislation is probably going to have a finite effect, at best. Do it, but...

What about also reaching out to the best Pro-2A legislators? Even if not the reps of our particular districts, if they're getting thousands letters/calls/emails due to the fact they'll listen while others won't, they can still be a voice/advocate in Olympia.

A rep. talking about 10's of thousands of letters received to his office, because others are ignoring us is probably better than actually being silenced by being ignored/dismissed.
At the very least, writing to pro2A legislators the message *hopefully* won't simply wind up in the round file.

So who are the our biggest advocates who WILL speak for us in Olympia? What's their contact link/email/info?

As a side note, if you look at most of the legislative listings for these bills, on the side, they have a green 'Comment on this Bill' tab, in case anyone didn't know/notice. Make your voices heard. Share with anyone/everyone, ASAP.

$.02 worth.

Boss

Last Edited:
Ok, looking back through some past posts...IIRC, there were some reps. that sent back some very positive pro-2A email replies to members here, but can't seem to find those. What about these legislators? Yes? No? Maybe? Anyone else?

Wilson
Kraft
Harris
Stonier
Fortunato
Walsh

Jump in any time...

Boss

Last Edited:
Brian Blake D (Aberdeen) he has been to most every rally that I have been to in the past 6 years. He is more pro-gun than most of the Republicans that are in office.:eek::eek::eek:

And a D, that might work in our favor to some degree...

Maybe an R or two?

We might consider to keep it to a list of 4 max (probably more like 2 or 3), and just have EVERYONE email those couple/three people.

BOSS

Ok, how about Lynda Wilson (Senate) and Brian Blake (House)?

Keep it short and simple...we've got all bases covered, D & R, House & Senate...

Boss

OK, Wilson, Blake, Rivers, and Vic? Probably don't want to go over 4. Theory is to concentrate communications to a small group that'll actually listen, not round file our messages, and carry them into the legislature.

If this is way off track, chime in. All ears...

Boss

Greetings,

Anyone know much about Sen. Jeff Holy...believe he was on the pro-2A side of the committee and expressing some opposition to the proposed legislation in relation to his LE background, which isn't a bad thing. He's also in the Spokane area, which passed 1639, so might be good to have a voice on that side of the mountains.

So the list would be Wilson, Blake, Rivers, and Holy (or Vic)?

What say you?

BOSS

I've always received pro 2A replies from all of my legislators:

Orcutt,
DeBolt, and
Braun.

Actually spent about half an hour on the phone with Brauns office the other day discussing gun control and trying to figure out anyway we could stop this crap or at a minimum try to find a way to slow the entire legislature to a crawl.

Ray

Thank you for your e-mail. I will be opposing any and all anti-second amendment bills. Unfortunately, I believe we will see several of these bills introduced this session. Since the passage of the anti-gun Initiative 1639 this past election, I feel the Democrat majority in the House and Senate will be emboldened to create even more anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment legislation. Please know that I will be adamantly opposing any of these bad bills. I would encourage you to consider contacting the sponsors of these bills to voice your opposition. Attorney General Bob Ferguson has requested several of these bills. You can find contact information for him here.

As you may know, I am a certified firearms instructor and became one to further the education and safety of handling firearms. So, I am fully aware of what all of these bad initiatives and bills will do to our rights.

I appreciate that you took the time to contact me concerning this issue. Please feel free to contact me again if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Yours in service,

Senator Lynda Wilson

17th Legislative District

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR