JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's already a handful of National Reciprocity Bills in congress, and one pair (Senate, House) that almost have enough co sponsors to easily pass.
Gun Owners of America: National Reciprocity Bill Has More Than 80 Co-Sponsors (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/09/gun-owners-of-america-national-reciprocity-bill-80-co-sponsors/)
This bill doesn't require constitutional carry states to make a special permits just to be recognized in other states, i.e. constitutional carry states would be recognized just like any other state's ccw permits. This also doesn't involve a federal temporary 'bridge' permit or their involvement otherwise; Congress has been building up to getting this passed as it's the best option for national reciprocity.

Seriously, if you don't get Gun Owners of America free alerts, you're missing out on one the easiest ways to stay up to date on some issues as well as practically plug n' play emails ready to send to your representatives.
Well next time I get one I'll tell them to just leave this topic alone.
I can't see anything good in this coming about for us.
Doesn't matter what it may look like,remember "we have to pass it to see what it says" ?,someone will throw some BS in there and let it pass.
If you do get GOA news letters,the best thing you could do is to tell them to stop this fight.

Well next time I get one I'll tell them to just leave this topic alone.
I can't see anything good in this coming about for us.
Doesn't matter what it may look like,remember "we have to pass it to see what it says" ?,someone will throw some BS in there and let it pass.
If you do get GOA news letters,the best thing you could do is to tell them to stop this fight.
There have been more than a few national reciprocity bills introduced, most of which GOA didn't support because they didn't recognize constitutional carry states, and contained too many other riders. To have them endorse this bill is significant, and not done lightly, and I encourage you to read it. They have been bird dogging this issue for years and wouldn't be supporting it if it didn't pass their muster. In my book, GOA is heads and tails above NRA as staunch 2A fighters, and they don't make anywhere near the compromises that the NRA does. Nobody is perfect, but for now they are the best thing going nationally.

The GOA might say what you want but they don't have the clout that the NRA does. Sure, the NRA has thrown black guns under the bus several times over the years but Lapierre has done a remarkable job over the last decade. Lawmakers are scared of the NRA and most have probably never heard of the GOA.

The GOA might say what you want but they don't have the clout that the NRA does. Sure, the NRA has thrown black guns under the bus several times over the years but Lapierre has done a remarkable job over the last decade. Lawmakers are scared of the NRA and most have probably never heard of the GOA.
That just isn't the case any more; maybe 10 years ago, yeah. GOA has been on CNN and FOX as much as NRA, and because they have had many effective campaigns to contact representatives, most of congress knows who they are very well, and they are very well known on capital hill. La Pierre couldn't debate his way out of a cardboard box, and he's pretty daft every time he's been in a publicized debate; I know highschool kids who could debate better than him. Larry and Erich Pratt though, have left CNN anchors speechless and disarmed with very well thought out information and data that the liberal media can't seem to match.
I do like the NRA for obvious reasons, mostly their historical role in shooting sports and firearm safety, but they are the entrenched entity that is likely to compromise solely for political gain, and GOA is much much different from them. Larry Pratt is a much more effective spokesperson, and stands more strongly for 2A rights in Washington than NRA has for at least five years now.
I think the above is an honest assessment (probably biased) that would be born out if one looked into GOA's presence generally. But irregardless, they have a much more accessible political activist function than NRA. I've signed up for NRA ILA alerts and hardly ever receive them, whereas GOA is always on top of the current issues and sending out alerts and really easy ways to get the message to law makers. Gun Owners of America (https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/) Their messages are much stronger and succinct than any NRA statements, so why not sign up for the alerts, and join a lot of people who are fighting on multiple fronts? It's free, and I think if you look around the net, you'll see GOA is a much bigger, known and effective entity than you might realize. Nobody could replace the NRA, but GOA is definitely not a non entity.

Non compliance with states like that will get you in jail fast.

Fortunately, New Yorkers do not agree. Their noncompliance rate with the state "SAFE" act is 95%... :)

Yes, there is a risk. Freedom is not free. But compliance also has its own set of risks (e.g., the moving goal post, or the anti-liberty "ratchet", or whatever you want to call it.)

As to GOA, if they are pushing this, maybe I'd better take a look after all.

"...CWP issuance should be based on ATF Form 4473 criteria..."

I don't know what that criteria is, and apparently can't even download said form to see on my pad (just out of curiosity).

Hmmm just sounds fishy to me. Why not just simply state, in simple English what the criteria would be?

Doesn't matter though, only 242 signers out of the 100,000 needed to attain the privelage of a response by August 7th.

image_2.png

This fight is actually well in hand, and it comes from an unlikely place.

When the Supreme Court said gay marriage was the law of the land, it set about the precedent for the recognition of all licenses and contracts from each state. Now, regardless of a state's law on gay marriage, each state has to recognize a union between a man/woman, man/man, woman/woman etc. etc..

This comes along with driver's licenses and vehicle registrations; which each state recognizes as well (the ICC is sometimes a blessing).

And I am aware that the SCOTUS can be of the most hypocritical nature; but if states can recognize driver's licenses from 50 states that have different requirements for driving privileges, and we can recognize marriages from 50 states that have different requirements, and many states already honor CHLs from places like Utah and Florida, seems like case law and precedent are on our side.

Some 50 state reciprocity for my CHL (like they would for my marriage license and driver's license) would be nice.

Well said about the Drivers licence! My DL wasn't accpted in some states because it doesn't contain the same information ( State Info) and so some states will not accept it! I have also been stopped at the Airport because TSA does not accept it ether! MuthaBugger's

On the one hand, SCOTUS opened the door with the ruling DW cites...

On the other, the Federal Fascist comeback is "If you vish to carry veapons, join ze Alphabet Soup Sturmtruppen... Silly prole, guns are for US not YOU!"

Fortunately, New Yorkers do not agree. Their noncompliance rate with the state "SAFE" act is 95%... :)

Yes, there is a risk. Freedom is not free. But compliance also has its own set of risks (e.g., the moving goal post, or the anti-liberty "ratchet", or whatever you want to call it.)

As to GOA, if they are pushing this, maybe I'd better take a look after all.

I wasn't talking about the SAFE act - I know they are in massive non-compliance for that. This discussion is about concealed carry - a whole different story, and from what I can find on the subject, people are much more compliant, probably because the police in NY enforce that law with no leniency whatsoever. It may be easy to be non-compliant with the SAFE act by hiding your AR in your basement, but carrying a gun on you, and getting caught, well that's a much bigger risk for them to take. Try it as an out-of-towner and you may just become a permanent resident.

I doubt violation of the SAFE act is any less draconian than the penalty for unlicensed carry.

Those who carry without authorization either had better not care about going to jail, or had better be prepared for war if someone attempts to arrest them. Fortunately the probability of either is pretty low.

the thing that concerns me about the idea is that in order for it to happen the people will vote on it and force a "compromise"...

realatively free states like Oregon will suddenly have more restrictive laws.

cant carry in bars, schools, churches, colleges, hospitals, libraries...
signs will carry the weight of the law
mandatory range time
you can only carry the gun you qualify with...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top