JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Not sure how good my internet skills are, as far as cut and paste, but i found this petition to change all the state c.c.w. into a federal c.c.w. not that it forces the gov. to do anything, but lets your voice be heard.

I'm less worried about federal level gun laws than state (Oregon) level right now. Hildabeast won't be able to do anything to guns as long as the Rs can manage to hang on to at least one side of Congress.

Oregon legislators are a whole different story.

how do you feel about making all state and the feds honor your state issued c.c.w. in any state that you travel to… just like your drivers license.. I think that part would be a good deal.

how do you feel about making all state and the feds honor your state issued c.c.w. in any state that you travel to… just like your drivers license.. I think that part would be a good deal.
It would still need some federal approval and they screw us some how.
Just leave it all state by state. You get the right permit,other states accept it.
#LEAVETHEFEDSOUTOFTHECCPERMIT

Reference the Read ID act to find out how bad the feds can screw up something as simple as a drivers license. They can keep their hands off my carry permit.

I would not want the feds in control of our carry permits. However, a federal mandate that all states recognize all other states carry permits would be nice. There could be a chance of this after the election, depending who the next President is.

I'm less worried about federal level gun laws than state (Oregon) level right now.

This is short-sighted. Centralization of power is always, eventually, hostile to liberty. In this case, the first thing that would happen is that "constitutional carry" would be eliminated. Vermont et. al. would have to make all its people sign up for a permit.

The correct way to go is a concept called subsidiarity:
Subsidiarity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidiarity)

This is short-sighted. Centralization of power is always, eventually, hostile to liberty. In this case, the first thing that would happen is that "constitutional carry" would be eliminated. Vermont et. al. would have to make all its people sign up for a permit.

The correct way to go is a concept called subsidiarity:
Subsidiarity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidiarity)

You've got to prioritize. Guns are not under any serious threat right now at the federal level. They are under a huge threat in Oregon. That doesn't mean you should ignore the federal level, but you should certainly focus on the state right now.

It won't matter if Trump gets elected and makes Abrams tanks available to the general public without a background check when Oregon outlaws everything beyond single shot squirt guns.

You've got to prioritize. Guns are not under any serious threat right now at the federal level. They are under a huge threat in Oregon. That doesn't mean you should ignore the federal level, but you should certainly focus on the state right now.

It won't matter if Trump gets elected and makes Abrams tanks available to the general public without a background check when Oregon outlaws everything beyond single shot squirt guns.
o_O
Guns are not under serious threat at the federal level?:eek:
I thought I didn't watch enough news:confused:
I truely believe this election will be a tipping point for gun control nation wide

The other problem with your position is that you are depending for your salvation on the federal government. Nothing could be more foolish. Congress is a den of snakes.

The state is not a problem. The legislature may be a problem, but the people simply will not obey. Oregon has a tradition of resistance. Hell, half the homeschoolers are noncompliant. I sure was. Laws don't matter when people disobey. The legislature only destroys its own credibility when they push beyond what the people are willing to put up with from them.

Was going to say what Hawaiian said. 50-state reciprocity.
It's impossible with states like ca,nj,ny and a few others
The permits like Utah,Florida and now Idaho,puts out,(NRA "8" full hours class with shooting,well that's our class at least) is the closest we can hope for.
Whatever the strictest state requirements are will get the most reciprocity .
You will never get reciprocity from the states I mentioned. They don't hardly give their residents permits.
Heck NY you have to have a permit to buy each gun you want. And your permit is only good for a certain gun. Not just what you get a fancy to carry today.
I have never verified it but I would guess you would need some serious bonding to get a ccp in SoCal

I would prefer to be able to carry anywhere in the US without a permit required. That's not going to happen. And ignoring the individual state laws is no bueno - some folks have been nailed in NY, for example, just passing through the airport on the way to somewhere else when it was found they forgot they had a gun with them. NY state goes hard and fast against folks found with concealed (or any) weapons. Non compliance with states like that will get you in jail fast.

I certainly dont want to have to take a class to bring Washington's standards up to the rest of the country. We dont need any stinking classes.
Maybe not but if you get a permit from a state that requires a 8 hour class with shooting,then most other semi free states will honor your permit.
WA only require a heart beat and no felonies.
Some states want a tinie bit more

There's already a handful of National Reciprocity Bills in congress, and one pair (Senate, House) that almost have enough co sponsors to easily pass.
Gun Owners of America: National Reciprocity Bill Has More Than 80 Co-Sponsors (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/09/gun-owners-of-america-national-reciprocity-bill-80-co-sponsors/)
This bill doesn't require constitutional carry states to make a special permits just to be recognized in other states, i.e. constitutional carry states would be recognized just like any other state's ccw permits. This also doesn't involve a federal temporary 'bridge' permit or their involvement otherwise; Congress has been building up to getting this passed as it's the best option for national reciprocity.

Seriously, if you don't get Gun Owners of America free alerts, you're missing out on one the easiest ways to stay up to date on some issues as well as practically plug n' play emails ready to send to your representatives.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top