JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I plan on buying a new rifle soon and after doing lots of reading online I want to get a Leupold 3-9x40 to go with it. Only thing is I know there are a few models with various prices. I dont know much as far as what features differentiate them and the price. What would be a good choice for a quality scope but not too spendy. (Would like to keep under 300ish but I dont mind paying more)

What type of gun are you putting it on? I have a Redfield 4-12x40 on my ar15 and I love it. Paid under 200 for it. The best part is that redfield is made by leupold in the same facility with the same lifetime warranty.

Under $300 pretty much keeps you in the VXII range. That's not a bad thing, though. I've had a few and they all have been great scopes.

might look at Burris. i have two fulfield's and think they are more clear and better in low light than a vx2.
also have a couple signature series and think they are hands down better than a vx3.

also check the online outfit out of Kalifornia called Bear Basin Outfitters sometimes they have some stuff on sale. they also carry everything including the high end stuff.

After a little searching it seems that the VX-2 comes in around $300 almost everywhere and would probably work. This will be going on a Remington 700 30-06 most likely or something similar. Ill probably go with the VX-2 but Im going to the gun show in 2 weeks so Ill get a chance to look at plenty of other stuff and make up my mind

3 x 9 is plenty of scope for a 30-06 bolt gun.. no more than 40 MM exit optic should be required. Nikon is also a fine make and a lot cheaper

I had looked at Nikon a while back, and just started looking into them again. Now Im debating whether I want a Nikon or Leupold, but I have no idea where to start with the different models of Nikons. Also what does everyone recommend for rings and bases?

I had looked at Nikon a while back, and just started looking into them again. Now Im debating whether I want a Nikon or Leupold, but I have no idea where to start with the different models of Nikons. Also what does everyone recommend for rings and bases?

Rings and bases.. Nikon is fine.. your height is determined by your gun and the right rise for you. Generally you want the lowest rings that will fit your natural shooting position because that places the optic as close to the bore line as possible. It is my opinion that you should keep it simple and buy within your price range.. it really all comes down to finances, once you get into quality optics

As a guy who used to sell both brands, I can tell you Nikon is a great value

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top